• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trump's BA Axial Jeep G6 build with a twist.

I decided to start my light bar mounts since I'm waiting on my missing parts from VP.

I didn't want to go with a four (4) inch light bar. I really wanted a five (5) inch light bar. I think the five inch light bar would go better because the windshield is about 5.5 inches.

So I came up with a prototype. Looks good on the cage.

20140212_174934-1.jpg

It looked good, but I needed to make sure everything will fit with the windshield installed.

Here's the very rough prototype:

20140212_203325.jpg

To be continued ...

Im diggin the light bar/mounts. Nice work. A friend is sending me a 4" light bar. But the five inch sure looks great on yours"thumbsup"

Im diggin the light bar/mounts. Nice work. A friend is sending me a 4" light bar. But the five inch sure looks great on yours"thumbsup"

Thank you. I thought the five inch light bar would fill the front windshield better. The light bar mounts are prototypes made with thin aluminum for easier fabrication. The final ones will be made with thicker aluminum. The final version should look better.

I completed the front axle assembly last night. Moving right a long. Here's a photo just before installing the diff cover and skid plate. And of course grease too.

20140213_191428-1.jpg

To be continued ...

Last night I finalized my prototype design and made my light bar mount holders.

I'm moving right along ....

20140219_200212-1.jpg

20140219_200242-1.jpg

20140219_200603.jpg

To be continued ...

Right on. I was just wondering if I should go 4" and keep the G6 light bar, OR 5" and fab some mounts. I really like the G6 light bar though.......crap.

Right on. I was just wondering if I should go 4" and keep the G6 light bar, OR 5" and fab some mounts. I really like the G6 light bar though.......crap.

If I'm not mistaken, the 4" VP light bar (4.6" wide) will fit inside the original G6 light bar mount. But it's a entirely different look. Decisions, decisions ....

I like the lower profile look. I wanted the light bar to be about the level, or close to level, with the roof line.

Thank you for your comments.

Gotcha. I may try to work with the stock set up. I'm an ok driver, but accidents happen. Killing a light bar would piss me off. LOL

Looking great!

I pulled the trigger on the 4" light bar. I'll post up pics once it's mounted. I think it'll look good in the stock rack.

Back