• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TrailKing chassis and BoomRacing Phat axles

Smonkman

Quarry Creeper
Has anyone tried to use BoomRacing Phat axles on the TK chassis?

I have a dually build on my SSD chassis and I bought the BoomRacing BR70 axles for the rear so I could narrow the track width and tuck the tires in more. The problem is the link and shock mounts on the BR70 are in different locations then the Pro44 axle and it’s forcing my driveshaft into a weird angle.

Any idea on how to solve this problem? Maybe different links but I don’t even know where to start.

I hope this photo makes sense

93b34751686fa4d37fcc4855e89eb161.jpg

Given the position of the lower links, it looks like you would be safe on keeping those but it's the upper links that need shortening to be able to pitch the axle forward and getting that pumpkin upright. A couple options to go about it.

- Order 2 upper links. To know how long you need them, disconnect the upper links from the axle, pitch the axle forward until the axle is where you need it, then take the measurement from the upper link rod end hole to the upper link mount on the axle. Whatever millimeters difference that is, subtract that to the current length (eye to eye) and that's your new upper link length.
InTheWorks RC has a nice & simple link ordering ordeal on their site as they prefer eye to eye measurements. Another is Hardcore RC. They base their link measurements on length of the link only (they mention how much to subtract if you have rod ends on, I forgot how much exactly it is). Both awesome companies, take your pick.

- 2nd option is if you have spare links laying around, you can always mount them to check, especially if they're too short, at least you can still lengthen them to get the perfect axle fitment.

I would try longer rod ends on the lower links but i cant tell if the axle is centered in the wheel well so its hard to say
I make all my links from allthread and metal tubing ether titanium or stainless i get perfict langht every time lol

Back