• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trail Honcho kit motor / esc combo

hi, im new and i also have a question

regarding this truck and the ESC choice. what about the goat 3s? is anyone using this? i am considering purchasing that combo for my honcho. thanks for any advice in advance.

regarding this truck and the ESC choice. what about the goat 3s? is anyone using this? i am considering purchasing that combo for my honcho. thanks for any advice in advance.

too expensive ($200 motor/esc) 4 what it does. IMO half price u get the really good top of line brushed fx-r and motor!

is the goat only brushless?

it does brushed as well

You could get a EZ-run brushless crawler setup and try that out. I want too.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezescforrocr.html

These have been around for awhile, and everytime I check Hobbyking.com, they are backordered. They just started selling them with a 19.5T sensorless motor combo. Seen a couple on ebay.

For $35 its not a bad choice, and has a drag brake. 3s lipo too. People are always worried about cheap products, but that doesnt mean its not an option.

You could get a EZ-run brushless crawler setup and try that out. I want too.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezescforrocr.html

These have been around for awhile, and everytime I check Hobbyking.com, they are backordered. They just started selling them with a 19.5T sensorless motor combo. Seen a couple on ebay.

For $35 its not a bad choice, and has a drag brake. 3s lipo too. People are always worried about cheap products, but that doesnt mean its not an option.

sensorless doesnt work 2 well w/ slow crawlers.itll cog. but try it out n give us some feedback on it!

The point is that it is much cheaper than anything that compares, and some sensorless setups cog much less than others. I like this one because the specs are nice: drag brake, adjustable, and it can handle 3s.

I already stated that I like my FXR, but this thing is cheap.

Drunk

I have a ezrun in my sc10 and its awesome! Ill never buy an overpriced brushless system.

With that being said Im not sure how a sensorless setup would work in a crawler. I was too interested in the ezrun crawler set and hear it doesnt cog too bad but I hear its hard to slow crawl with it as its too fast

I've been watching for when it comes in stock. Think it would work pretty good for a scale truck since I have two of there systems for 1/18th truggy. Honestly I think and from others you can't beat the price for what you get. One of my systems I've had for almost a year and so far have had no problems. The 7800KV will out perform my mamba 6800KV and was half the price. Also makes it easy to program with the card you get in the combos.

what do you guys think of motors / esc & battery chargers from Hobbyking.com.....the prices seem to good to be true. Is this stuff made by slave labor in someones basement? Or..have they just figured out how to offer quality products @ Walmart prices?

what do you guys think of motors / esc & battery chargers from Hobbyking.com.....the prices seem to good to be true. Is this stuff made by slave labor in someones basement? Or..have they just figured out how to offer quality products @ Walmart prices?

chargers arent good from them, but their batteries are!

I am using one of their chargers, works great! It the exact same as my Losi charger with a different label. Same buttons, menus, charge ports, case, just a different name.

Drunk

I am using one of their chargers, works great! It the exact same as my Losi charger with a different label. Same buttons, menus, charge ports, case, just a different name.

Drunk

Post link or name for the exact charger u got. Couple buddies bought some chargers from them n it was just junk

I have the Turnigy Accucell-6 with no issues for a year now. Charges all my batts from there and everywhere else with no worries. For the price I got my money back and then some and plan to buy another here soon to have as a spare if and when the one I have now goes out.

Back