• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ToyZuki's SCX10.2

but I don't have, and don't want, a facebook account :sad:

why so many people prefer going on facebook instead of specialized forums, where knowledges are easier to find every time we need it ? :?::???:

I hear yeah, Fox,

I do both the form and the Facebook, and hands downed prefer the forum – always have. Once information has been entered, it is ironclad in the same place and easy to find. Facebook threads are so damn organic, constantly shifting and growing and changing and seemingly disappearing, making it extremely difficult to find information, especially those morsels you recall seeing a while back and want to try to go find again.

There have been a few posts in The TZ Facebook group about parts to build a V2 chassis from scratch. I think even some good photos of shopping lists. I’ll see if I can find them and post them up, though it will not be easy – reference above.

Some of the other dudes might need to keep me honest, but I believe this to be your parts list, the first two images are together, the third image is another contributors parts list.

a11382059-184-4AD48182-71A6-4D98-8814-EFEE5186BCE0.jpeg

a11382061-175-D074D7D3-8DAB-4CA4-96D0-241D1293D929.jpeg

Last edited:
anyone with good pics or info on assembling the motor mount for the 2.5 set up from scratch? Mine didn’t come with hardware and can’t figure out which sizes are needed. Only video I found was converting a 2.0 to a 2.5 and that didn’t get me where I need to be yet.

Edit I think it’s m3x18

Last edited:
anyone with good pics or info on assembling the motor mount for the 2.5 set up from scratch? Mine didn’t come with hardware and can’t figure out which sizes are needed. Only video I found was converting a 2.0 to a 2.5 and that didn’t get me where I need to be yet.

Edit I think it’s m3x18

Assembling it from scratch should be close to going from a 2 to a 2.5 setup. I took apart the mount and had all the plates separate. I can certainly make a video starting with the plates without the bearings in them.

Or do you just need the hardware info?
It's M3x18

Last edited:
Assembling it from scratch should be close to going from a 2 to a 2.5 setup. I took apart the mount and had all the plates separate. I can certainly make a video starting with the plates without the bearings in them.

It's M3x18
I must've missed it, you can convert a 2.0 to a 2.5? Other than the gears, what does it take?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I must've missed it, you can convert a 2.0 to a 2.5? Other than the gears, what does it take?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, the 2.5 is just a bigger OD transfer case. I have some videos on facebook that walk you through the conversion. (I will upload the videos to Youtube and post here as well)

You basically need some gears, a 2.5 case (delrin or plate), slipper eliminator or slipper from the 3 gear trans and 3 M3x18mm bolts and 3 M3 nuts.

Last edited:

It's M3x18

Thanks for the response. After watching Scott’s video a few times it made sense and I got it together "thumbsup"

Attachments

• 10DB1B08-E032-4A82-8DCF-E929CB8FE905.jpg
    10DB1B08-E032-4A82-8DCF-E929CB8FE905.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 946
"thumbsup"

Ahh yes, I remember your comments from Facebook.

I'm Scott lol

Ah sweet! Thanks for all the helpful posts and videos. First time I’ve ever built anything that wasn’t a complete kit. With those resources it wasn’t as challenging as I anticipated. "thumbs up”

Ah sweet! Thanks for all the helpful posts and videos. First time I’ve ever built anything that wasn’t a complete kit. With those resources it wasn’t as challenging as I anticipated. "thumbs up”

You're welcome! I'm trying to help make it as easy as possible to put together.

Back