• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tommy's Big Willy

Looks like Wraith axles are about the same width as my custom widened SCX10 axles are. With 1000% less work and stress involved!!

Looks good!!

They are about a 1/4" wider per side. If someone made a wheel with a deep offset to push the tire back under the body, those Wraith axles would be ideal.

The Willy is so awesome with the Wraith axle's under it!!!!
Thanks Chuck! BTW, last weekend I noticed that you spotted the issue with them....my getto 3rd link mounted too close to the lowers and causing some wrap. I have a solution for that. "thumbsup"

It's great to have another option on axles for these. Diggin the look !!

Looks like Wraith axles are about the same width as my custom widened SCX10 axles are. With 1000% less work and stress involved!!

Looks good!!
Thanks guys! "thumbsup"

They are about a 1/4" wider per side. If someone made a wheel with a deep offset to push the tire back under the body, those Wraith axles would be ideal.

Yeah, they are a tad wider than the WK axles I pulled from the truck. I am going to try and shave the hubs down to give a narrower track width.

BTW, here are a few pics from a run last weekend:
photo1_zps61750f29.jpg

photo2_zps8a0b1b93.jpg

This truck performed nicely. It is slow and bulky, but will climb anything! :ror:

I finally got all of the parts in that I needed to build this truck its own front axle (the other one was stolen from my wraith).
photo1_zps45cda425.jpg

photo2_zpsc47c4ef2.jpg

photo3_zpsd96b6fe9.jpg

This setup uses the VP upper link mount which gives further separation between the lower links and the upper.

I know, it's upside down. But that's because the diff is flipped because of the flipped rear axle. "thumbsup"

Some cool metal jerry cans that have a working spout that I found on ebay (they arent as green as they appear in the pics):
P1060953_zps28c86b68.jpg

I made up a mounting bracket and tie down:
P1060954_zps31b796e0.jpg

I think they look good back there!
P1060956_zpsdff485ef.jpg

This truck got a new doll.....I mean "action figure" thanks to Rowdy!
20140725_190433_zps54ffed10.jpg

Also, got some new tars for this thing:
20140806_194754_zpsbd6b1c97.jpg

Back