• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TI-Fighters for sale

SDS Customz

Rock Crawler
<HR style="COLOR: #191b21; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #191b21" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Pre-Sale "Ti-Fighter" "Al/Ti-Fighter

Due to the expensive nature of this product, these will be a pre-pay product. Once I have recieved 10 orders then I will forward that to the machinist(In order to keep any sort of price point).

What you will recieve-

Aluminum version-case halves and tubes will be made from 7075 stock/All other parts will be made from 6061 aluminum.

Ti version-these housings/tubes will be constructed from 6al4v Ti. The rest of the parts will be made of 6061 aluminum.

Parts list-These housings will be sold in pairs only.

1-front axle case-highest clearance berg cases available
1-rear axle case
2-front axle tubes-smallest diameter tubes in the industry
2-rear axle tubes
2-rear axle lockouts-the smallest in the industry affording the highest clearance
2-rear axle bearings(10X6X3)
2-rear axle retaining clips
2-6mm rear axles-couple our axle design with 4340 chromoly and you get the strongest rear axle available.
2-rear axle lower link/shock mounts-designed to be clockable with improved mounting points.
1-rear axle upper link mount
2-front axle tubes
2-front axle clockable "C's" with 50* mechanical steering stops designed for Vanquish knuckles.
1-front axle upper link mount with integrated servo mount
1-servo brace(designed for use w/400size motors)
2-front axle lower link mounts
2-front axle outer knuckle bearings(11X6X4)
2-front axle "Super 300's" for "Ti-Fighter" w/your choice of stub style(Berg/Axial)
2-lightweight lockers
2-Motor adapter plates (drilled for both 400's/540's)

New lockers(3/8"narrower)

Tifighterlocker.jpg

Case halves/link mounts/C's

photoJPGaxlepieces.jpg

photoJPGaxlepieces.jpg

Servo mounts

photoJPGservomount.jpg

photo.jpg

Assembled front and rear axles

photoJPGfrontaxle.jpg

photoJPGrearaxle.jpg

Comparison pics between Berg housings and TI-Fighter.

photoJPGaxlecomparison.jpg

comparison3.jpg

comparison4.jpg

comparison5.jpg

comparison4.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

Some of the above pics are of prototype parts(slightly unfinished). They are only intended to show size comparison
*note-all product delivered to the customer will be raw machined aluminum or Ti (not black as in the pics above)

Parts you will need to provide to complete your housings-

all berg internal gears/shafts/bearings

These parts are all constructed from the highest quality of US made materials. In a machine shop here in the US. These parts are all made to exacting tolerances.

If you would like to order "Ti-Fighters" send me a pm and I will get you a paypal addy. Pricing is as follows-

Al/Ti Fighters-please see vendor section for pricing at the following http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2839809#post2839809

Ti-Fighters- please see vendor section for pricing at the following http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2839809#post2839809

Please post all questions in this thread so I can answer them one time. Thanks for lookin
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited:
I'm on board for a set of the aluminum versions! This actually works out pretty well for me.

This is how I have rationalized it to myself:
Berg axles - $200
Machined Tubes - $200
Steering Kit - $50
Axial Aluminum C's - $30
Super 300 Axles - $130
RC Axle Master Straights - $85
7075 Lockers - $22

That's $717!!!! So this way I am still saving over a hundred dollars by buying these :lol:

Hey man just a thought, I know that there are pictures of the axles in other threads but might be worth putting up a few pictures in these threads? The outlay is pretty hefty (it is a quality product and one being built for a niche so worth it IMO) so always good to see the list of whats included and what visually what all those parts look like.

Just my 5 pence worth :)

Hello,

Please. Will the shipment to France?
And if so, at what price?

In advance, thank you.
Regards,
Fred.

Hey man just a thought, I know that there are pictures of the axles in other threads but might be worth putting up a few pictures in these threads? The outlay is pretty hefty (it is a quality product and one being built for a niche so worth it IMO) so always good to see the list of whats included and what visually what all those parts look like.

Just my 5 pence worth :)

I will attach pics when I get home from my training on friday. I cant get access to my photobucket account off of this computer for some reason. I like to do what I say im going to, so I posted as soon as I got all of the info from the machinist

the housings will fit in a small flat rate box. shipping should be round 15.00"thumbsup"

Dave my only question is about the the servo plate for only 400 motors, am guessing if you use 540 motors you will not need this servo plate? And if you are planning on making something for 540 motors? Thanks

I'm on board for a set of the aluminum versions! This actually works out pretty well for me.

This is how I have rationalized it to myself:
Berg axles - $200
Machined Tubes - $200
Steering Kit - $50
Axial Aluminum C's - $30
Super 300 Axles - $130
RC Axle Master Straights - $85
7075 Lockers - $22

That's $717!!!! So this way I am still saving over a hundred dollars by buying these :lol:

X2 separation of my 2010 berg has begun and off to the for sale section lol

Dave my only question is about the the servo plate for only 400 motors, am guessing if you use 540 motors you will not need this servo plate? And if you are planning on making something for 540 motors? Thanks

I was waiting for someone to ask. One of the prototype sets of axles that we are running have 540's in them. The backside servo support is nessecary, though they have to be individually fit to each car. When you install 540 motors on these axles you can only run 1 pinion them as they are sanwiched inbetween the axle tube and servo itself. This doesnt leave any room to run the motor can strap like we are using on the 400's.

What we did for the other truck was to make one out of .050 aluminum plate material. took about 10 min with a pair of tin snips and a drill. we bolted it to the lower link mount. At this time I wont produce this part as it is car specific, every endbell, link setup, linkmount spacing will use a different mount. I will try and get some pics put up of the other setup this weekend for everyone. hope this is a little clearer than mud for ya:mrgreen:

I will attach pics when I get home from my training on friday. I cant get access to my photobucket account off of this computer for some reason. I like to do what I say im going to, so I posted as soon as I got all of the info from the machinist

Thanks man, have to say these axles look amazing. Will be putting the money aside over the next month or so to put my money where my mouth is and purchase a set of these.

You know I had to be the first lol "thumbsup". What is the only size pinion you can use?

So in short as of right now you can not run 540 cans on these axles without modding your own motor, servo bracket right? Just want to make sure befor I tear apart my other Berg to purchase this great product.

Another question wanted to ask are the 2 300's only for the TI version or will it be also for the AI version too?

Thank you sir "thumbsup"

I was waiting for someone to ask. One of the prototype sets of axles that we are running have 540's in them. The backside servo support is nessecary, though they have to be individually fit to each car. When you install 540 motors on these axles you can only run 1 pinion them as they are sanwiched inbetween the axle tube and servo itself. This doesnt leave any room to run the motor can strap like we are using on the 400's.

What we did for the other truck was to make one out of .050 aluminum plate material. took about 10 min with a pair of tin snips and a drill. we bolted it to the lower link mount. At this time I wont produce this part as it is car specific, every endbell, link setup, linkmount spacing will use a different mount. I will try and get some pics put up of the other setup this weekend for everyone. hope this is a little clearer than mud for ya:mrgreen:

it's a late Xmas!

YESSSSSS!!!! PM sent for a 7075 set too"thumbsup"
No food/heat for the next couple of months... and I'll have to ride my bicycle to work, IN THE SNOW:mrgreen:
but it's worth it, totally BADAZZ

how much does a pair of your axles weigh, compared to the stock version..thanks

Greg(86 Jeep) helped me out with weights since im out of town. here they are

Ti-Fighter front-9.8oz.
rear-6.5oz.

Stock berg front-13.80z.
rear-11.40z.

These are approx. weights without motors

The weights arent the only thing to keep in mind, as the gained clearance in both axles is extremely noticable. The Al version will be slightly lighter. One of the other large benefits is that the motors no longer drag due to the fact they are right next to the axle

You know I had to be the first lol "thumbsup". What is the only size pinion you can use?

So in short as of right now you can not run 540 cans on these axles without modding your own motor, servo bracket right? Just want to make sure befor I tear apart my other Berg to purchase this great product.

Another question wanted to ask are the 2 300's only for the TI version or will it be also for the AI version too?

Thank you sir "thumbsup"

The 540's require a 11tooth pinion.

the motor will bolt on to the supplied motor plate, though you will need to build your own servo support bracket.

Both sets of housings will be supplied the same with the exception of the tubes and the cases.

Last edited:
The 540's require a 11tooth pinion.

the motor will bolt on to the supplied motor plate, though you will need to build your own servo support bracket.

Both sets of housings will be supplied the same with the exception of the tubes and the cases.

Dam 11 tooth is too small fir me lol if it was atleast a 12 tooth would not care.

Cool so we get super 300's for front and rear very nice.

Back