• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

the ZL1 Camaro is coming back! after 40+ years

im a big chevy fan, they may have rated it at 5590, but chevy always does that, they always unrate the power.

ya its too bad the original concept design didnt pan out..looked like a 68 kinda
http://www.dragsource.com/index.php?navselect=articles&articletoview=8

now that would have been sweet to see done, the front actually looks a lot better than the one they have now. this camaro is trying to say that cuz it's got the curve on the back fender, it's a camaro......
thats the same as how the charger thought, thinking that having a curve in the back automatically makes it a muscle car:roll::roll:

also, if I was able to get a muscle car of today..... it would be the viper, so much more bad a**

now that would have been sweet to see done, the front actually looks a lot better than the one they have now. this camaro is trying to say that cuz it's got the curve on the back fender, it's a camaro......
thats the same as how the charger thought, thinking that having a curve in the back automatically makes it a muscle car:roll::roll:

also, if I was able to get a muscle car of today..... it would be the viper, so much more bad a**
i agree its too bad they went with the front they did
i kinda like the ford gt..it pretty much slays everything"thumbsup" allthough it was a pretty limited production
how many zl1,s are being made?

Last edited:
Since its a retro 1969 Camaro, there would be no reason to call it the Z28 if one is trying to keep with the nostalgia. The 1969 Z28 had a 302ci engine. Even calling this a ZL-1 doesnt fit with the nostalgia either. The ZL1 was a 427ci engine, often associated with Yenko. The current engine is slightly larger than a 350ci.

:twisted: I am in Bow-Tie Heaven :twisted:​

2012-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-005.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-001.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-002.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-003.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-004.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-006.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-007.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-008.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-009.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-010.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-011.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-012.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-014.jpg

12Camaro-ZL1-015.jpg

Yah know, muscle cars used to be cheap... now they are $35k+. Saddens me greatly.

What are you guys complaining about??

Here in Norway a 6 banger Camaro starts @ $175.000 and for a high powered one about $250000

And 1 us gallon cost about $8.50

And that is for the cheapest one, we have 95 og 98 octane here..

I want my money back that helped bail them out. :evil:

I couldn't agree more. Until they get their loan paid back I do not want them spending like wild on superbowl commercials, donating cars to the MVP of the superbowl and not giving them to Kid Rock just because he turned 40.

And 1 us gallon cost about $8.50

And that is for the cheapest one, we have 95 og 98 octane here..

DO WANT 95 or 98 octane. Thats all thats holding my car back from 400hp in a 4 cylinder, not enough octane to eliminate knock as we advance the timing.

didnt they already pay back there bailout money?

besides a gt500 would be more fun and roomier too.

judging by expected the price tag

Independent. We covered that briefly on page 1. "thumbsup"
colour me surprised.. is it auto or manual?

always loved seein that.. heres out latest and greatest pure performance car for the ultimate driving enjoyment. with out suspension technology we borrowed from horse drawn carriages a motor from the space shuttle and a 4 speed automatic gear box because youre a fat lazy useless driver.

colour me surprised.. is it auto or manual?

always loved seein that.. heres out latest and greatest pure performance car for the ultimate driving enjoyment. with out suspension technology we borrowed from horse drawn carriages a motor from the space shuttle and a 4 speed automatic gear box because youre a fat lazy useless driver.

I'm guessing manual, but thats just looking at the pics. shifter boot is way too small to go PRNDL.

TG did a review of a Saleen Mustang once...when it came to the rear suspension they mentioned something about utilizing the same cutting edge technology found in the F150. I lol'd.

I'm guessing manual, but thats just looking at the pics. shifter boot is way too small to go PRNDL.

TG did a review of a Saleen Mustang once...when it came to the rear suspension they mentioned something about utilizing the same cutting edge technology found in the F150. I lol'd.

That was the shelby 500 (almost) which actually made 447 hp.
they tested a roush mustang of similar vintage and it had upgraded suspension with less HP and did a way better lap.

That was the shelby 500 (almost) which actually made 447 hp.
they tested a roush mustang of similar vintage and it had upgraded suspension with less HP and did a way better lap.

I stand corrected. I knew it was one of the two...

I couldn't agree more. Until they get their loan paid back I do not want them spending like wild on superbowl commercials, donating cars to the MVP of the superbowl and not giving them to Kid Rock just because he turned 40.

The loans have been paid back with interest "thumbsup"

Back