• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
this thing drives great, turns real good for such a long wb "thumbsup" looking real good"thumbsup"

I just ordered a rc4wd killer transfer case because the wheele king tranny cant handle the emaxx tranny output power :lmao: but the killer will.next vid with a launch "thumbsup" "thumbsup"

Well while waitting for a few parts i started to do the tear down and rebuild to get to the areas that were binding on the chassis and to clean up the axle casings,And other crap that didnt get done.
First off i have to cut down all of these leaf spring mounts i made to give me at least another 1/4 inch of flex
before
20120412_094754.jpg

20120412_085914.jpg

20120412_091644.jpg

20120412_092454.jpg

20120412_092710.jpg

20120412_093457.jpg

20120412_094731.jpg

After
20120412_094803.jpg

Now i have to do it all over again ;-)

Got some goodies so here i go again
Im gonna use this nice new holms 20t
20120416_123815.jpg

I got my transfer case
20120416_123838.jpg

A little home fabbing and its mounted
20120417_080822.jpg

Remade the motor mount to make it a little lower and i didnt like the carbon fiber it had a bit of flex
20120416_153541.jpg

Now i have to hide all the wires and and and and and and .........

Well looks like both high toque servos i tried will lift the launch rod but not with a rocket on it,Any ideas at this point to get this thing lifting a rocket will be greatly appreciated "thumbsup"
Thanks

Well looks like both high toque servos i tried will lift the launch rod but not with a rocket on it,Any ideas at this point to get this thing lifting a rocket will be greatly appreciated "thumbsup"
Thanks

What HT servos are you running? Hard to believe they wouldn't lift a rocket. What's the weight of the rocket?

The first way i tried was a reciver and batt powering the servo 1st i tried was a hitec 645 then i tried a xp ds1050 both with the same results then i tried using a esc bec and the reciver to power the servo and same shat.The rocket is maybe a pound and a half ill get some detailed pics up tomorrow

what if you hooked a servo to a large gear, the made a geared mechanism to raise and lower the arm. you could do a worm gear setup. that means you could use a cheapo servo and the gearing would hold up to the pressure when the rocket is fired. it would take a sec for the rocket to raise to firing position but i think that would add to the scale look your going for

I'm building a 6x6 with a boom winch right now and I am thinking of using an axial tranny with a very high turn motor (maybe 85turn) as the winch. Haven't gotten it all worked out but I want mine to be able to recover a truck without any issues. It would only work if you had the room though, and running a seperate radio would be a pain. Just a thought...

i was already using 2 transmiters :oops: but 1 is just for the launch rod and the fire servo but that tranny idea has giving me a idea "thumbsup" .I dont want to use a winch because of the fire so i was looking around online and found there L16 Linear Actuators & Servos but while im waitting i have to keep building :twisted:

i was already using 2 transmiters :oops: but 1 is just for the launch rod and the fire servo but that tranny idea has giving me a idea "thumbsup" .I dont want to use a winch because of the fire so i was looking around online and found there L16 Linear Actuators & Servos but while im waitting i have to keep building :twisted:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-accessories/373313-winch-torque-too-much.html

Here is where I got the idea for the tranny winch"thumbsup" This guy dead lifts his 8lb rig with a losi mini crawler tranny:shock:

That's a great idea for a winch. You have plenty of room in this vehicle. Great work ans attention to detail.

Back