• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The Best of the West: Oct. 27-28th - Wendover, NV

Man you are lining up the Sponsors I wonder why it must be your charming personality, Or maybe its that this is going to be one hell of a comp and maybe the 1st and best Qualifier of the 2012/2013 Season. "thumbsup"

I am proud to have all the sponsors that we do. This comp is all about people giving and helping others, the sponsors that have pitched in are no different.

I hope everybody can take note of who is pitching in and helping. They get absolutely no gain other than getting their names out there. In reality, its all charity to make sure you guys have the best comp possible. It should make the decisions easier when you have a product to purchase.

Support those who support you! "thumbsup"

Your getting a lot of sponsors. Maybe you should start a sponsor thread so they can all be in the first post and easy to see?

Big thanks to ax10TN for stepping up and sponsoring the event with his powder coating business!

AX10TN.jpg

Re: Here we go...

I threw a couple videos to show off the new Hall Style chassis in my build thread. I wanted to put them in here too so it hopefully gets you guys a bit excited about the terrain and maybe it will give an idea of the type of terrain you will be dealing with.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid180.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fx263%2Ferikd_lux%2FBerg%2F100_3883.mp4">

Berg :: 100_3883.mp4 video by erikd_lux - Photobucket

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid180.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fx263%2Ferikd_lux%2FBerg%2F100_3884.mp4">

Berg :: 100_3884.mp4 video by erikd_lux - Photobucket

I threw a couple videos to show off the new Hall Style chassis in my build thread. I wanted to put them in here too so it hopefully gets you guys a bit excited about the terrain and maybe it will give an idea of the type of terrain you will be dealing with.

It is the same rock! You lucky dogs getting to practice and tune there. Just a well earned perk of puttting on your own event"thumbsup". Look forward to Sunday playing on some cool lines you've found.

J

It is the same rock! You lucky dogs getting to practice and tune there. Just a well earned perk of puttting on your own event"thumbsup". Look forward to Sunday playing on some cool lines you've found.

J

Eric's a standup guy though. He is not running near where the comp will be. The comp will be on rock that has never been driven on. That is the nice thing about out west, there is so much rock.

Eric's a standup guy though. He is not running near where the comp will be. The comp will be on rock that has never been driven on. That is the nice thing about out west, there is so much rock.

I know he's not tainting hallowed ground. Agreed he's not like that. I'm just jealous that I can't join him:mrgreen:. There is rock galore up there. Looking forward to it.

J

I suppose its a good time to address this....

When I planned on putting on the comp I wanted to do it in a location where I thought had never been driven. I drove all the way around the mountain to get the furthest away from our normal comp spots as I could. When I drove the rock to check it out, it sucked. I had never realized how much the rock can change in just 100 feet! Not only the type (rolling vs boulders vs, rolling with holes) but the consistency changed a TON. There is one spot out there that looks like somebody just came and poured concrete over the rock. It drives like concrete too. Its just random, in the middle of nowhere. So, figuring this out, I knew I would have to find the perfect place and this meant doing some driving in other places.

The good part is that the comp will be in a spot where I do not believe anybody has ever driven except myself. The bad part is that its not the best place on the mountain. The best places are where we already have comps and worse yet, its BLM land and I would have had to pay big fees just to have us drive there. The worst rock on this mountain is still some of the best rock out west though.

It is super, super important to me that none of the lines are pre run. I would like the odds to be as fair as possible. I am the only one who has driven at the comp spot. I drove it maybe 2 - 3 months ago and I will not be driving there again until the comp. The chances of me driving a line that will be in the comp will be slim. I will look them over and if I drove a line, we will not have that line in the comp. There are probably 5000 lines in this area and I bet I drove 100 of them.

For the reason stated above, I will not even be telling anybody where the comp will be. I will be the only one who knows. You will all just have to come out and find me on Saturday. Its not that big of a place that you cant find me.

Since I have driven the rock, feel free to ask any questions about my setup or what I think works best out there. I dont have any setup secrets that I wont share.

I am going to run my Sedonas all the way around. Rover foams.

I have always liked fresh Sedonas but I drove on some super worn out ones until Nats and then put new ones on. Since then, I dont like how much bite the new ones have. It makes it hard to drive with so much traction.

Literally any tire should work fine with this much traction. BC's dont seem to work as good for me out here though and there are spots where there is dirt and they cant get traction at all. Not saying you could not win with them though, its happened too many times.

My vote is worn out Sedonas or any condition Rover.

Sedonas hallstyle twinstick. just like in the back yard. "thumbsup"

Back