• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Solid axle or IFS/IRS

snydas1987

Pebble Pounder
Hey guys so I'm looking at building a formula offroad rig. What is going g to be better for the suspension / driveline? Independent front and rear or solid axle like a rock crawler?
When I search rc foff I see mostly Independent suspension rigs in the unlimited 1/8 scale builds but I'm not sure if that's the best or because its just what they have to build with.
All the full scale foff trucks that compete run solid axle front and rear.
I'm thinking something like the HPI trophy truggy or buggy (electric power of course) for independent chassis (if independent is better) or maybe build of a sporty class comp crawler chassis if solid axle is the go.
Is a lighter rolling chassis the go for foff or do you want a heavier rig?
Thanks guys, can't wait to get into the build as I live at the foot of Stockton sand dunes in Australia which is 20km of huge sand dunes/hills. Perfect for formula offroad. Might even try turn a few of the crawler guys into foff.
Snyds

Back