• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

smogs H10 optic

smog

Slow is the new Fast
Subscribed Member
Well, today I went down to my local hobby shop. They had this in stock
1000009177.jpg
It's Friday, so I bought it! So i went straight home with my new toy to charge up a shorty pack and liberate it from the box.

Went to a crawl spot and ran it box stock. Here is the evidence

1000009240.jpg1000009226.jpg1000009232.jpg1000009229.jpg1000009231.jpg1000009238.jpg1000009239.jpg1000009236.jpg1000009228.jpg

Gotta say, this is a fuuun rig. Many smiles were had looking at this thing go today. That said, the stock power plant blows. It really does not do the platform justice. Gawd awful start-up and modulation. As soon as you get into anything remotely technical the craptastic modulation becomes glaring. I will not run this stock again. Tomorrow I am putting a Fusion in it. This alone will make all of the difference. I look forward to the improved performance that will bring.
1000009213.jpg1000009235.jpg1000009212.jpg1000009222.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Congrats! I'm jealous! I'll get one eventually. Maybe when the kit form is released.😉

Fusion power plant is the choice I'd make for it. Headed over to the tube to watch the vid now.🙂

Congrats! I'm jealous! I'll get one eventually. Maybe when the kit form is released.😉

Fusion power plant is the choice I'd make for it. Headed over to the tube to watch the vid now.🙂
This rig will make a great kit. It's beatifully designed. However out of the box it really badly needs both more speed and low end control. It does have excellent steering and balance. There is no doubt that a little low down weight up front will help keep it planted in the rocks. It's very light in stock form.

I really like the tires. They perform well and look great. Would def be better with dual stage foams. They need some sidewall support. I suspect this will become more significant with adding weight

How’s the steering setup? No issues?
The steering is great, no issues. I did adjust my end points to get a slightly tighter turning radius. I think I increased it as much as 25% on the radio to max out it's potential.

Very cool! Mine should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I too already have a Fusion, some brake rotor weights, and possibly my handmade cut n shuts. Not sure i wanna use the cut n shuts. Want to give the stock tires a chance.

The steering is great, no issues. I did adjust my end points to get a slightly tighter turning radius. I think I increased it as much as 25% on the radio to max out it's potential.
Good to hear there's more steering out of it with tuning. And there's no type of servo saver on this rig right?

However out of the box it really badly needs both more speed and low end control.
Thats the crap rtr electronics, a hw1060 for you. I saw one at out lhs, but will wait for a kit or them being parted out on ebay for a set of the axles.

Last edited:
Very cool! Mine should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I too already have a Fusion, some brake rotor weights, and possibly my handmade cut n shuts. Not sure i wanna use the cut n shuts. Want to give the stock tires a chance.
Nice. I am going to stick with the tires for a bit as well. I am going to mount them to some heavier wheels I have kicking around. I think I am going to see if I can be patient and add small amounts of weight at a time. I want to keep this thing on the lighter side
Good to hear there's more steering out of it with tuning. And there's no type of servo saver on this rig right?
No servo saver. Servo comes with a nice VP aluminum horn
Thats the crap rtr electronics, a hw1060 for you. I saw one at out lhs, but will wait for a kit or them being parted out on ebay for a set of the axles.
Total crap.

I originally figured I would wait for the kit, but its hard to imagine we will see one before winter and i really wanted to get this thing out for the nice seasons. Winter is freakin long up here and now is the time for playing outside.... so I caved:D

I really like the look of the h10, but I'm not in the market for a new car currently. I'm just wrapping up my Miller chassis creation after spending way more than I had planned on. Lol 🤷‍♂️

I would like to do a similar swap with the optic cage. Maybe rob my vrd carbon of all it's parts to build out the Optic chassis.

Lookin' good Smog. We had just landed a pair of Ti RC Speedy moon buggy cages when this came out, so while it's not on our buy list at the moment, a kit version will most likely be scooped up once offered. Gonna follow along on your mods.

s

Looks good out in tge quarry smog. I want one, but think im goina hold out for a bit. May hit up the TOF, if they do it again. May get lucky n get one with upgrades 🤷‍♂️ Or may wait to see if they do a kit version. But its nice to see them gettin into peoples hands as quick as they have

Had a great weekend playing around with this rig. As expected, the Fusion was a game changer. My second day out with it was more like what I had in mind for this thing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very nice. I very much want one, but I'm holding out in hopes of a kit release.
This will be a great kit indeed. No surprises the kit release seems to be the focus around the forum. I will likely pick up a kit as well when when it comes out. This rig is really fun. It crawls so well. I may add some knuckle weight at some point, but seriously it does so well even without it. Typical Vanquish stuff. Top tier design.
I appreciate all the feedback and comments guys. Much appreciated.

As you may or may not have seen in the video,.I did swap in some Alu wheels. These are ebay specials. Admittedly wheels are the one place I often try to save a buck. The scale beadlock ring hardware was added to up the realism factor. I like how these ones look on here. Nice, but not blingy.

Still on stock foams, which aren't too terrible. The sidewall support is decent, but they are a little stiff against the tire tread. Slightly improved conformity would help. That will come at some point.
1000009291.jpg1000009292.jpg

Back