• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SLODRIVE's L-Trail MRC Scaler

Very cool build, curious though does the L-Trail frame flex much on its own? I have heard a few people with that question but never got an answer.

Very cool build, curious though does the L-Trail frame flex much on its own? I have heard a few people with that question but never got an answer.

I guess that would depend on what the individual builder uses for the frame crossmembers. With the aluminum tubing I used for the crossmembers, there's ZERO flex. 8)

I finally dug up some junk to strap down in the back. Where's the party? 8)
IMAG0101.jpg

I just ordered those wheels for my mrc.
Did you have any problems with installing them,such as the center nut in the way of the 6 smaller nuts?
Thanks

I just ordered those wheels for my mrc.
Did you have any problems with installing them,such as the center nut in the way of the 6 smaller nuts?
Thanks

No problems at all. I think their first-gen steel wheels had that problem, but there's plenty of room for the nut with these.

Here's another picture of...Hey, the bumper fell off! :shock:
LosiMiniCrawler073.jpg

I got sick of having to thread the winch hook through the bumper every time I had to remove the body. I also wasn't really digging the look of my Revo grille guard either, so I made this out of some 3/32 steel plate I had in the garage.
LosiMiniCrawler074.jpg

Heavy duty!
LosiMiniCrawler075.jpg

Considering that this is my first attempt at a scale bumper, I don't think it looks too bad. I might add to it later (it needs a fairlead for sure), but it'll do for the scale comp coming up. Opinions?
LosiMiniCrawler076.jpg

LosiMiniCrawler077.jpg

LosiMiniCrawler078.jpg

LosiMiniCrawler081.jpg

Well, after a scale comp this last weekend, I can say the bumper was a success. I rammed it into a lot of rocks and landed on it several times...no damage!

I decided I needed more wheel speed, so I swiped a couple of 3S lipos from my buddy's helicopter (an 800mAh and an 850mAh) and soldered connectors on. They still fit on the front upper link, and wheelspeed is no longer an issue. :twisted:
In order to keep the winch happy, I decided to power it with one of the 2S lipos, which just sits on the rear of the frame with Velcro.

Check out my mess of wiring...:ror:
LosiMiniCrawler082.jpg

LosiMiniCrawler083.jpg

LosiMiniCrawler084.jpg

where did you get the body and whats the wheelbase, awesome truck by the way"thumbsup"

where did you get the body and whats the wheelbase, awesome truck by the way"thumbsup"

It came on an R/C truck I got when I was working at NAPA almost ten years ago, it was made by New Bright. Here's what it looked like before I ripped the body off (not my picture):
Newbright3.jpg

I'm running it on a 9.5" wheelbase.

Back