• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ServoAF Model T Running Review

NKlamerus

Quarry Creeper
On the hunt for a servo that could handle my bomber, I found ServoAF on facebook and compared it with some of the other 100-150$ options

I definitely wanted metal case, after having my SAVOX crack, it also needed to be waterproof, and black.

The Model T fit the bill, there's not a lot of info on it so I'll keep a running review here.

First impressions,

It's WAY quieter and faster than the 1230sg, and it's mounting brackets lined way better than the HiTec HS-646WP I ran for a couple minutes. It's also not as tall as a 1230SG, which rubbed a little at the rear on the upper links, and pushed the drag link in front of the center link

Wires are definitely larger gauge or larger jacket than the Mamba X. Only running at 6 volts as it's the highest my Tactic TR325 can handle.

I'm not sure about other higher end options, but the Model T does not include any hardware, I mounted it into the metal vanquish servo mount with my own Stainless M3 screws and stainless washers, no rubber bushings.

I have 3 batteries through it and haven't had a single issue, it wasn't buzzing or fighting me at all while changing tires or tightening screws across the front end.

Looks great, matches hot racing trim (black with bare accent) and it's not gaudy, which I find most of the higher end servos to be.

I have been in contact with the owner of the company, and he's been very helpful with answering all my nonsense questions. Complete 180 from the customer service I have received from both HiTec and Savox.

Not the servo's fault, but I did have to trim down the 24mm horn and use the 20mm mounting hole, otherwise it would rub on the differential cover. Seems like less work than flipping the servo, draglink, and wiring. It's been hit or miss between the 3 servos I've used on the bomber so far, currently the drag link sits behind my center link, whereas before my drag link stuck out quite a ways.

V1 Bomber with titanium center link, ss drag link, Traxxas ends, stage 1 kit, factory plastic truss, vanquish servo mount, and factory steering layout.

27aa67091b2150418a1c3721cdda39e9.jpg
9aac6c824b1071b8b42245b7c3fdd10d.jpg
30db0dbd1f3cf6d041cfe737dee2b99b.jpg
c778483b366d6a25c590f2e85a761e30.jpg
0bd2d9d0b4ccc45592dd43f754dbd674.jpg

Thank you, I’ve been looking at these. I will keep an eye out for updates.

You've certainly put it in the correct truck to test durability.

Looking forward to updates on this new fangled servo you found. Thanks for being the Guinea pig on this one.

By no means the servo's fault, the bomber did a cartwheel today after over 2 hours of u4 racing, and I lost response. I wouldn't expect any other servo to make it through that without a saver or blown horn

I reached out to the owner and had a response within 10 minutes, and the warranty process began! I'm sending it back for their first repair

Going to build a servo saver, and I actually have a lower front bumper showing up anyways to stop so much axle rash, but it also protects the center link and servo

e02720463744492e650455aad172e569.jpg
aee550089a314e3b0ff994ce72567fd4.jpg

Small world indeed! Bummer about the servo.

Is that track something I should know about? Or perhaps it’s private.

I know somebody started working on a track by the old bmx track, but since that lot has become the new homeless Mecca a while back, I haven’t been there.

I’m about to head to work... in Eugene.

Small world indeed! Bummer about the servo.

Is that track something I should know about? Or perhaps it’s private.

I know somebody started working on a track by the old bmx track, but since that lot has become the new homeless Mecca a while back, I haven’t been there.

I’m about to head to work... in Eugene.
Yeah that's the track, there's a U4 Albany facebook page with updates, it's just the track to the east of the BMX track, it's public, kids sometimes rid their bike on it so the rocks get spread out

Big event on October 4th, hoping I can get the rig back together before then.

Homeless haven't been an issue, before I was there apparently one of them (a homeless guy) called the cops because there was a gathering during covid lockdown.......I won't voice my opinion.

There was 2 guys just watching for awhile yesterday

I work at both Jerry's locations in Eugene/Springfield

Very small world indeed. I lived in Corvallis most of my life until a couple years ago lol. I was there when we started the original rc track as all we had was the bmx track and the skate park lol. My bro in law sent me pics of the rc track now and it looks awesome, him and his daughter are there all the time. He is planning on getting together with you guys if he hasnt already (his name is Josh too, about 6'5", cant miss him lol). I hope to join up too some day, just need to make the time. You guys have done some great work there!

But if your going so fast why not use a servo saver. Is a solid horn standard for u4?

The Big Hit from Proline is almost impossible to find, other than 50$ from Hong Kong and a month of shipping

I've asked around facebook, but not on the forum, maybe someone has one

All of the guys Ive seen have almost an identical setup, maybe a metal truss instead of plastic, but all metal horns and upgraded metal axles in some cases
ecd413a635e7e2c6a33e68a897964d8d.jpg

Very small world indeed. I lived in Corvallis most of my life until a couple years ago lol. I was there when we started the original rc track as all we had was the bmx track and the skate park lol. My bro in law sent me pics of the rc track now and it looks awesome, him and his daughter are there all the time. He is planning on getting together with you guys if he hasnt already (his name is Josh too, about 6'5", cant miss him lol). I hope to join up too some day, just need to make the time. You guys have done some great work there!
Word spreads quickly! From my understanding it was built and a facebook page was made, but then over time both kinda went null until it was more recently revived

I'll keep an eye out for your BIL, I can't remember everyones names I've met out there yet, but working on it!

I know for sure that the racing, rain, and bmx use has shaped the track pretty well

It would be nice to add a little more incline with the hill along the north edge, but it would require tractor work which the city isn't too fond of?

I am heavily invested in Protek 370TBL servo 's as it is the only servo I have yet found to stand up to my abuse. I would be interested in a real world performance comparison.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back