• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ServoAF Model T Running Review

I have most of those servos including the V3. touque does not matter if the gears keep striping. 300 oz. is all that is actually needed and anything more is a D measuring contest. What the T focuses on is what I am interested in. I have yet to have a 370tbl fail do to striped gears. With that said I am also the hunt for a more durable option. I also do not like direct to battery servos because they drain batteries to fast. My comp battery is 3S 600mah.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have most of those servos including the V3. touque does not matter if the gears keep striping. 300 oz. is all that is actually needed and anything more is a D measuring contest. What the T focuses on is what I am interested in. I have yet to have a 370tbl fail do to striped gears. With that said I am also the hunt for a more durable option. I also do not like direct to battery servos because they drain batteries to fast. My comp battery is 3S 600mah.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Explain to me how a direct wire to battery servo would drain a battery faster than even the highest efficiency bec would. A bec has a loss of at least 10%, I'd assume much more in the cheaper ones. Not comming off confrontational here, just explaining what I've come to understand to show why I'm asking.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Servo made its way back and it looks like the main gear had a weak point in it's grain structure and I found it. Chipped a tooth right off and cracked the gear itself all the way down.

Based on similar failures I have seen in cordless power tools across the brands, a standard flaw in sintering metal, it ends up very brittle. Worst I've seen is a DeWalt angle grinder bevel gear cracked like a cut piece of pie

Rebuilt and already on its way back to me within an hour

Pins and case were perfect

Not a design flaw in the servo, I'm chalking this one up to a flaw in the metal, just poor luck-of-the-draw

i ordered one up for my capra. ive been using a Savox 1210 and its been good, but very noisy. always grumbling about something..... anyways, i received my ServoAF model T today and installed it. This is one Q U I E T servo. i plugged it in with radio set to defaults and i didnt notice the servo centering when power was applied. when i turned to full left and right i only saw the output shaft move, but i heard no sound. sure if i put my ear to it i can hear it, but other wise it is REALLY quiet. i was surprised to find the servo horn fit almost exactly center when i pushed it into place. usually other servos i have used it is off about a half tooth, but this was on center. in the rig, the servo performed as expected. plenty of power, centers well and did i mention is it QUIET. so far i am liking it a lot. we will see how it handles my usual rip rap spot.

Shipping it there, rebuild, and shipped back all within 5 days! Tracking and communication the whole time.

Never had a warranty go that smoothly

Ready to run!
add04102c55856ada7cfa98a109e0708.jpg

Shipping it there, rebuild, and shipped back all within 5 days! Tracking and communication the whole time.

Never had a warranty go that smoothly

Ready to run! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201003/add04102c55856ada7cfa98a109e0708.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I like the simplist look. No flashy labels or anything like that.

Last edited:
Full race today with no issues, spent a lot of time on my roof though....servo did excellent, not a single hiccup

No servo saver.
09f9043cc5ef71f6d5bd96f7190c8554.jpg
6c4f01ca0c3dfde381f7c2ae74cf6476.jpg

Wrong thread...

Anyways I've added 15mm hub extensions and ran on 2s and 3s now with no issues, servo doesn't notice at all.
2d308eae1f104dc854460b70402bfd94.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet man. sounds like it was a good time. My bro in law and his daughter were there with their DB8 Nomads. It was her first time actually racing and she loved it! Hopefully ill get down there some day. This servo looks to be killer one, the more reviews you see of it.

Sweet man. sounds like it was a good time. My bro in law and his daughter were there with their DB8 Nomads. It was her first time actually racing and she loved it! Hopefully ill get down there some day. This servo looks to be killer one, the more reviews you see of it.
Yeah they were! They were both excellent racers, those nomads handled extremely well too, sounds like some of the other guys out there are going to pick some up.

I think they both won a race, only one of the nomads went home damaged, nomad on nomad head on collision from what it sounds like

He took some photos with his big camera but he hasn't shared them yet, still waiting for them to pop up on Facebook, hoping he got one before I rolled [emoji23]

Servo has been great, no saver or anything.

Got it pretty muddy recently

Only thing I can't seem to find is a decent servo horn to pair it up with. The vanquish one consistently disappoints
accbb1ae73c3dd10079392d9c27a88be.jpg

Back