• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

servo issue

STHA

Quarry Creeper
Today I had an issue with my spektrum 6240 servo.
A great servo, fast & powerful, never had any issue at all until today after 5 mins on the trails a strange spinning sound appeared and nothing turned anymore.
Back home, I took a closer look to find out that the servo gear motor has been destroyed by the gear next to it.
I contacted spektrum to see what they can do to fix this.
Stay tuned…

spektrum6240.jpg

<table id="post6044401" class="tborder" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6" border="0" align="center"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_6044401" style="border-right: 1px solid #191b21">https://stha.home.blog/
STHA videos
</td></tr><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px solid #191b21; border-top: 0px">
user_online.gif
</td><td class="alt1" style="border: 1px solid #191b21; border-left: 0px; border-top: 0px" align="right"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

I've seen this kit, but unfortunately this won't help me because the gear that is destroyed is on the motor, and it looks like that small gear can't be changed...

The color of that gear doesn't make me think of steel. It's also curious why its companion gear is only half of its height?

Thats lame. What will you replace it with?

How many hours of use did this last? In what ype of truck?

Sucks when expensive electronics die.

That small pinion gear looks like brass. Works fine if the companion gear was plastic. Steel would've lasted longer. Top half of the gear doesn't mesh with the companion gear and still useable ... any way you can pull it off the motor shaft and re-install it upside down?

Back