• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

servo humming

scalemadness

Quarry Creeper
My digital servo hums whenever truck is on it is an scx10 with custom frame mounted hitec hi torgue mg servo tekin t35hd 19t pinion 87t spur tekin for ESC. Rc4wd wagon wheels dick cepek mud tires . spectrumdx3c and sr301 3racing winch. I'm running 8.4v NiMH and have no external bec am I going to ruin my servo and if so what are my options to stop the humming? All linkage is correct upgraded to aluminum tie rod knuckles and c hubs

It's normal for some hitec servos to chatter. The servo is trying to find center. If you can pick it up or wiggle the wheels and it stops then that's what it is. Nothing to worry about.

It happens a whole lot more with digital servos than with analog servos. Also, some companies are more noisy than other... but I don't know which ones are louder/quieter.

"It doesn't know the words!":lmao:

Sorry....8)

Yes, it's trying to find center and is normal. Savox servos seem to be one of the loudest, others are quieter.
If the steering linkage is fairly free, it shouldn't hurt anything.

My hitec does the same. Like mentioned its trying to find center. No harm mines been doin it for almost a year now.

One of the benefits to waterproofing a servo (the right way) is that it really quiets the servo down. You really have to pay attention to hear my servos hunt for center.

Thanks guys yep picking it up stops the him I appreciate the quick responses now just have to wait for spring to take it out‼

Too fricken cold -32c and 3 feet of snow I know I'm a wuss lol but still got to finish my interior and 2dr Rubicon body yet so its not so bad

Back