• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo decisions

I agree with some of the other crawlers running direct power servos is hands down the best way to power your servo and keep your rig running smooth and quickly rewarding as far as ease of use and capability! In the last 5 years I switched all my servos to Reefs and last year I tried a 3 brothers RC direct servo and I was hooked! Last year I purchased a couple Reefs direct power 777's for a couple projects and now its my go to servo on any project! But any servo direct power is better than without I am also tired of BEC's and esc issues due to servo hunger! Hope this helps... BUZZZZ......

Attachments

• 0ea7a9_01a99528038f4955b93cde4008b0edd0~mv2.jpg
    0ea7a9_01a99528038f4955b93cde4008b0edd0~mv2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 346
  • sehreefs777.jpg
    sehreefs777.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
ok, this is probably a crazy question because it should make total sense, but has anyone tried the Amazon red servos? They seem to be all over Amazon under different brands and they are dirt cheap but have pretty good specs. They are called DS3218 20kg servos

I only ask because I use one of them and have been for almost a year with 0 issues. I was wondering how much better a HH servo can really be? I'm wondering if anyone has tried one of the cheap ones off amazon and then switched to a "name brand" and noticed a big difference?

I notices a massive difference in my SCX10ii from stock to the DS3218

They're ok but actual torque is quite low. I'd pay slightly more and get the blue DS3225

just a shout out to Servo AF model T. In my TRX i tired a Savox but was way too loud and grumbled when bound up, then i put in a HH and found it had much more power and was a bit smoother (required upgrading the track bar mount). For my Capra i discovered the Servo AF Model T. LOTS of power. super quiet and nice and fast. i just ordered a Ryft and plan on putting another Model T in it without a servo saver. And this month, they are releasing a direct power (Model A). not sure if am going to try it as i don't like running extra leads off of my battery connectors.

Back