• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

$1000 budget for a new rig.

are you going to compete? what class? do you want a scaler? A cheater?

Noting out of the box can compete with something you could build.

are you going to compete? what class? do you want a scaler? A cheater?

Noting out of the box can compete with something you could build.

At this point I’m just looking to turn this RTR into a bit more capable rig and learn how to work on this things in the process.
So far I am spending a lot more hours working on it than discharging batteries on the rocks and I must admit I enjoy that as much as running the rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a sweet build. Looking forward to more pictures.

Thanks man. So far I’m having such a great time working on it and learning quite a bit.
So far I have added quite a few things here and there. One of those I am glad I did is the new Tx/Rx (fly sky gt5) and the esc (hobby wing quicrun 80A) just those 2 things made the rig so much easier to drive.
Here are some pictures
Amazon wheels and tires with dual stage proline inserts.(might change the tires in the future if I’m not happy with them)
b8cbab1eb16582ea74d6534a9fc1199d.jpg

Esc and Reefs 444 servo ( I love how quite and fast this thing is)
e926732953da676e3f027136f25b7f73.jpg

Rear weights on the axels
409c7bd95763320c529170fe567ec1ea.jpg

Weights on the front and dif cover
ff060cb59d0641c0fff42fa27939c5d4.jpg

New drive shafts (not sure about those yet) I feel like they made the right be a bit jerky on slow speeds
2b7334d02452981144d39fdd850b20cf.jpg

These are ones I use
4f94778d6780b7e472b633603d44f378.jpg

e76e393d5b756b68234b8c24fc8b5c16.jpg

126d54972ec8558eacb5dd5edd4628bf.jpg

I haven’t changed the gears in the transmission yet and I’ll go with high clearance links later.
Thanks for watching

I’m sure you’ll get good results with those tires. I have a set on my TRX4 and out here they grab on anything; lava rock, river rock, roots, etc.

Looking good man [emoji106]

Something that helped allot for me with my Enduro was putting the steering link in front. In the rear it can get in the way of adjusting the pinion angle but for me a bigger issue was the flex in the end links on the steering rod.

The stock link has to have a big bend in it to clear things. That big bend seemed to push out and deform the links as it steered. I didn't notice it but after I went to a more powerful servo the steering seemed to get worse after a while. I started watching everything real close and I could see the link ends flexing.

After I put the steering link in front with a link with less bend and the link ends taking less force the steering greatly improved.

On the driveshaft issue, the front appears to be out of phase, and I suspect the rear one is also. Correct that and see if they work better.

Thanks for bringing that up. I had no clue the two halves had to be aligned in certain way. How are they supposed to go? I’ll change the orientation and see it corrects the jerkiness

Thanks for bringing that up. I had no clue the two halves had to be aligned in certain way. How are they supposed to go? I’ll change the orientation and see it corrects the jerkiness

I always line up the set screws. That aligns the driveshaft correctly, and also makes it easier for removal and installation

Thanks for the link. Great video, that is exactly what my car is doing. I will reface them when I get to the house.
One more thing learned [emoji108][emoji109][emoji106]

Back