• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo decisions

GO DIRECT POWER

I have run a few different Savox with BECs and powered the right way. They fade out after continues usage. I will never buy another Savox.

I have The Holmes V2 and it works great.

I have had a G11 and it worked great, not as much power but for the price nothing else comes close

I have a G13 and it works great.

GO DIRECT POWER

Whatever you do I would ONLY consider a direct power servo. Why bother with being underpowered or dealing with a BEC when you don't have to.

GO DIRECT POWER

The exception may be if I have an ESC such as a MambaX that provides not only the necessary voltage but also the needed AMPERAGE to properly power a higher power servo. Many ESC may provide the necessary voltage but very few provide the necessary AMPERAGE to properly power higher the better servos.

GO DIRECT POWER

GO DIREDT POWER

GO DIRECT POWER

I have many Savox servos, two of which I'd consider their "big boy" offerings. I have never once had an issue with them. They work great even been submersed many times. One is used via Castle bec, and the other is powered using the onboard mamba x bec.

GO DIRECT POWER

I have run a few different Savox with BECs and powered the right way. They fade out after continues usage. I will never buy another Savox.

I have The Holmes V2 and it works great.

I have had a G11 and it worked great, not as much power but for the price nothing else comes close

I have a G13 and it works great.

GO DIRECT POWER

Whatever you do I would ONLY consider a direct power servo. Why bother with being underpowered or dealing with a BEC when you don't have to.

GO DIRECT POWER

The exception may be if I have an ESC such as a MambaX that provides not only the necessary voltage but also the needed AMPERAGE to properly power a higher power servo. Many ESC may provide the necessary voltage but very few provide the necessary AMPERAGE to properly power higher the better servos.

GO DIRECT POWER

GO DIREDT POWER

GO DIRECT POWER

Is the run time drastically reduced going direct power?

I have many Savox servos, two of which I'd consider their "big boy" offerings. I have never once had an issue with them. They work great even been submersed many times. One is used via Castle bec, and the other is powered using the onboard mamba x bec.

I have had issues with 1212s getting hot, stiff and sieves up.

I have 1630 that work fine but as they get used they start to faded.

I run them with a Castle BEC, even the 1230 (set at 6 volts) but so it gets all the amperage it needs. I also have a 1230 running off a MambaX.

My G11, G13 and Holmes V2 never faded like the Savox (on the same vehicles).

Last edited:
I use the SB2292SG and have never had a problem. It also doesnt need 14.4 volts to provide a decent torque rating........

I can't remember the model of my other one, its a much older unit that I bought used from ebay. Again, no issues with it either.

I use the SB2292SG and have never had a problem. It also doesnt need 14.4 volts to provide a decent torque rating........

I can't remember the model of my other one, its a much older unit that I bought used from ebay. Again, no issues with it either.

You can run the direct power of 3S or 2S and many off 4s and it takes the power available, you don't have to run them at a specific voltage like you do the Savox. No BEC to deal with, just plug and go.

On the MambaX your good to go.

With the direct power you get the power straight from the source, no extra bundle of wires or components to cause issues.

Last edited:
You can run the direct power of 3S or 2S and many off 4s and it takes the power available, you don't have to run them at a specific voltage like you do the Savox. No BEC to deal with, just plug and go.

With the direct power you get the power straight from the source, no extra bundle of wires or components to cause issues.

Wow this is starting to sound even better!!

But the Savox is quoted for similar torque at 8.4v vs 14.4v. Idk, different things work for different people I guess.

But the Savox is quoted for similar torque at 8.4v vs 14.4v. Idk, different things work for different people I guess.

After having Savox servo and other Servos I don't believe Savox's claims. And even if they did make it they would only do it cold. Even after a couple minutes into a comp they get weaker.

Got a new servo recently. went with ProModeler 633. Strong, silent type. They are made for aircraft and I figure I will never put the stress on it that aircraft will and it will probably last the life of my vehicle.

dragging up old threads :shock:

Is this servo still holding up in your bouncer? I have one ready to go inmy new class2 build.
Servo is still going strong...the car ...not so much:oops:

a>

After having Savox servo and other Servos I don't believe Savox's claims. And even if they did make it they would only do it cold. Even after a couple minutes into a comp they get weaker.

I can't say that I've compared mine with other similar servos, but mine seems to work great for me. I've got the SB2292SG in a GOM with 5.75" tires. It'll move the whole truck around even when bound in rocks. I'm just saying I'm happy with the Savox servos I have used personally.

I can't say that I've compared mine with other similar servos, but mine seems to work great for me. I've got the SB2292SG in a GOM with 5.75" tires. It'll move the whole truck around even when bound in rocks. I'm just saying I'm happy with the Savox servos I have used personally.

I can say I have compared them. No more Savox for me.

I have several savox servos and have not experienced this fade you talk about. They have been good servos, they are just the noisy option in my opinion.

I have a few Holmes hobbies which have been good servos, quite quick and powerful.

When I went to upgrade my servo for the ryft I went with a promodler with no servo saver. The geartrain in the promodler is massive, it's a whole class above the rest. Probably my favorite servos.

I have several savox servos and have not experienced this fade you talk about. They have been good servos, they are just the noisy option in my opinion.

I have a few Holmes hobbies which have been good servos, quite quick and powerful.

When I went to upgrade my servo for the ryft I went with a promodler with no servo saver. The geartrain in the promodler is massive, it's a whole class above the rest. Probably my favorite servos.

Agreed, my 2290 is fine, my ProModelers are so much smoother

Hang up and Drive

How are you guys powering your Promodeler servos? Are you using a BEC, or the 2S lipo direct power that it looks like they recommend? Their servos are impressive, to say the least.

How do you like it compared to your Holmes servos? I have the 500v3 and love it, but I’m considering the Promodeler to use in another chassis.

Iv been running mine from the mamba x.

Yup me also. I’m also running one off a BRMD (with external BEC) and a BLE (external BEC )
I replaced a Holmes with one after shearing a couple of pins under warranty. That was an 11# rig on 2.2 tires.

Hang up and Drive

Back