• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Selling the Jeep. Is my price on or not?

Krakker

I wanna be Dave
just asking for some current wheeler help to see if my Jeep asking price is on target or not. Just finished building it as far as I'm going to take it. Back issues are preventing me from wheeling anymore but I wanted to finish this and try to get something back out of it. Asking 16500. Am I in the range or not.
This is NOT a sale post. Here's the build list. based of the goods, what do you think? (c list post at the bottom if you are looking for pics)
Chassis:YJ frame with shortened spring hangers, Custom Thick spring mounts. BTF shackle reversal. Extended frame, bumper with BTF shackle hangers and bushings. Extended 5”s in rear. Ford F-350 front shock mounts. Skyjacker belly pan drop
Body: Comp cut rear quarters (all steel tub, NO filler) custom ½ cab, Bed, interior and half cab all covered in Bed Liner. Custom Seat mounts, padded Speedway safety seats, Tuffy center console, raised shifter console with B&M Pro Stick (reverse lockout drilled) pistol grip handle. Custom Dash and aftermarket gauges and switches. RockHard sport cage and Rock Sliders. Custom cut Xenon fender flairs. ORU hood vents. ½ Doors with Smittybuilt sliding windows. Custom top cover. D-ring steering wheel
Suspension: Skyjacker front 5 leaf spring packs. Old Man Emmu XJ rear replacement springs. Skyjacker 12” travel rear shocks, Procomp 16” travel front shocks. Chevy 1-Ton axles, fully rebuilt. Shaved Corp. 14 bolt rear with 4:56 gears & disk brake conversion, DIY brackets and Napa calipers. Fully welded diff. (comes with blank drive flange for 1 wheel action or street use) DIY rear diff ring and pinion guard. Custom diff. skid plate between pinion guard and diff ring. Center drop brake lines and vents. BTF spring perches and plates. Custom made torq arm with shackle mount and welded to diff with BTF brackets and Speedway heim joints. Dana 60 front axle 4:56 gears, custom shock mounts, High steer cross-over arm, all new tie rods, new shafts, Spicer joints, carrier, brakes, etc. EMS Off-Road Hydro assist, TrailGear Hydro ram, hoses, DIY front Diff ring with Ram mount. Warn lockouts. New steering box with Wagoneer flat steering arm. Stainless brake lines, Ford E-350 master cylinder, new booster and inline check valves.
Drive Train: Chevy 383 TBI stroker. (built & balanced) Custom AFI wiring harness, CPU and chip. All new sensors, rebuilt TBI, matched injectors. MSD ignition & distributor, 8MM wires, all new sensors, coated block hugger headers, custom exhaust, custom air intake shield (header wrapped), new alternator, water pump, high torque starter. Taurus 2 speed fan (on switch) new radiator. TH350 Trans with kit, NP205 T-case with ORD cable shifter, Pirate vendor clocking plate, custom trans mount. Twin trans coolers. Custom shafts and yokes from Carolina Drive Line. Bed mounted fuel tank, armor and cover. (GM pump grafted to Jeep sending unit and all new Fuel lines) Hummer H-2 wheels painted black, with 37x13.5x17 Super Swamper IROK radials. (all 5 of them, Spare has never been used)
Just finished the build: Road tested, can be driven daily with no issues..4"s up travel, droop on the rest. Built to be BAD. Custom Purple paint with side graphic.

***JEEP 1-ton Custom Rock Crawler***

Last edited:
Is there an emoji thing of a face spitting out beer because it saw your price?

If 16.5k is what you are asking, how much do you have in it? For that amount, it'd better be super bad-ass.

Is there an emoji thing of a face spitting out beer because it saw your price?

snork1.gif

sorry man, but for 16,500 it had better be linked with coilovers on all corners, full custom cage, ls swapped etc... looks like a $8000 rig to me and that is being generous. thats 3k more than i paid for my cj7 juggy on tons coilovers, 42s, gears, lockers, t-case work, factory new engine...

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else on price 8-9 range.

Unfortunately with custom builds whether it's a kustom car or Jeep. You almost never get back what you put into it. Don't base price of your receipts or the hours you put into it.
Custom builds are tough as not every ones taste in Jeeps is the same as yours.

If you're not desperate for cash, then start the price high and work down as time goes on.

Nice Jeep.I know you put your heart and soul into building this rig and probably most of the money if not more,went on parts and labor.It's hard to get that back in return,but I think it's worth every penny that you want for it.
The only problem for me is the paint.It doesn't do it for me.
Go for 16k and if you can't sell it keep it..."thumbsup"

Thanks for all the response.
While I've got more money into it than I'll get back, I knew when I put it up for sale I wouldn't get it even tho it had never been off roaded and only driven around to some spots for exposure on it.
I'm hoping to get some partial trade interest on so I can leave it at price for now. Most people who can do these mods themselves could built it for this much (or differently) so we'll see what the interest is like for someone who can't.
In the end, I've gotta decide if I can go to the lower range of what some of you are showing or keep it (and make my daughter happy) till I find the right deal in trade or sale that I can live with.

Thanks again. Lets hope for a good trade with someone who wants a rig to rock and get rid of their mall ride. (which is what my back can handle) lol

Ya i say keep at that price if your not in a hurry to sell.Who knows there are a lot of die hard jeep owners that never even seen it yet...
Maybe post it on some other types of forum or for sale sites..
i know for me our dollar sucks here in Canada that would be cost me 21K
Good luck my friend... "thumbsup"

Back