• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Twade’s Terrible Financial Decisions

Welcome back, been awhile bud! That's an interesting setup I am curious to hear how it does!

Thanks buddy!

I’m pretty excited to run this rig myself. I’ve been slacking pretty hard on actually driving rigs so far this year. Hopefully next week I’ll get out.

Got the shocks rebuilt, the ifs needs some seriously stiff springs and 90wt seemed to be pretty good. For rear I’m using soft 90mm incision springs and 40wt, and it’s a pretty even match from what I can tell.

IMG_0645.jpeg

Just for fun here’s what I’m keeping from the sparco h10 I got two days ago.

IMG_0650.jpeg

I have a Yokohama version on order along with some wheels. I’m going to swap the black cage in immediately, but if I have the self control I’ll run it otherwise stock at least once.

I’m excited about the h10, tbh it’s the first crawler/trail truck release I’ve been excited about in a while.

How many pieces is that plastic chassis?
Maybe 15 or so? In typical Vp fashion it’s very stout… or uh.. heavy.

While I might like it lighter myself, I fully expect this thing to take a beating. And I feel like they put some serious thought into everything. I really like that they give you the option to go cms, add a rear sway bar, the dual battery trays, and multiple electronics mounting options. Not to mention servo mounts for dig/overdrive

Love the clean look on that PL Coyote.

it's a good looking chassis, look forward to the fun of seeing it take shape.

It'll be well taken care of. Didn't realize it was you till today.

Right on man! Definitely share your thoughts on the rig when you get a chance to run it.

Like hillbilly mentioned, I had an opportunity come up to buy a 2000 Cherokee for a decent price, so I ended up selling the element rig, and my h10 optic I just got put together to fund it.

Hoping to get an h10 again before too long, but I feel like a 1:1 4x4 is worth sacrificing a few 1:10’s.

I’m keeping the fordyce and possibly the origin truck for now. And I also ordered two of the trucks of fortune from vanquish, but those will likely get parted out to fund the jeep.

I was able to swing by my local spot and run the fordyce after work yesterday. I’m a little bummed because at some point I broke the corner off the grille and cracked the body right behind it. Not sure when that even happened since I was running the truck super hard. Oh well, my goal is to make this one of my most used trucks so that stuff is going to happen. Might have to stash a spare body at some point though.

IMG_0972.jpegIMG_0973.jpeg

Meanwhile I’ve been selling a lot, but have managed to stock pile a few things for a future H10 project. So far I have:

Yokohamas and VP dual stage foams
Grey riots, black skarns, red slim ifr and black hardware
Shift rc gt3 servo
Hobbywing fusion pro 2300kv
Clear vfd dig unit w/vp rtr servo
VP Machined lockers
VP machined standard ring and pinion gears
VP grey “pro” rod ends
VRD Carbon transmission with 23% o/d

Not sure when I’ll actually grab the h10 but I’ll get there.

IMG_0976.jpeg

Last edited:
Just checking back through my thread and it’s confusing at best.

After a few different shifts in priorities I’ve seriously downsized my fleet.

Right now I only have the Fordyce, which is sick and I have no plans to sell.
IMG_0972.jpeg

And I have the Origin, which has about 2.5 tires on the chopping block….

IMG_9860.jpeg

Besides that I just have my boys two gatekeepers.

IMG_0480.jpegIMG_0238.jpeg

Everything else got sold off to fund various things, most interesting is a 2000 Cherokee. Pictured with a fresh set of of Patagonia AT Pro’s

IMG_1006.jpeg

As far as my rc projects, like mentioned before I have lots of nice parts I intend to put into an optic build at some point.

I also have a vrd builders kit I’m debating putting together. Throwing around the idea of another mullet, or possibly 4ws rig. Depending on the route I go, I really would just need a body to finish it up.

Decisions, decisions…

IMG_1002.jpeg

Back