• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX6 Motor & ESC Options

UZI4U

Rock Stacker
I wanted to start a thread on what motor and ESC options people are putting into their SCX6's. I am currently running stock but I am in the market for a new system. Please post any pics you may have of your install as well.

I know some of the motor options are the 3BrothersRC and Castle motors.
I also know the ESC options are the Castle 8S ESC and the XLX2 ESC.
I'm just looking at all of my options so if there are more please add what I'm missing.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
46bccdf541f2aeeff813ea46383ab843.jpg
Just got this bad boy, now just waiting on the ESC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I cant say I feel the need to swap out the RTR motor and ESC as its pretty damn good for an RTR. I'll often swap out electronics just for fun though I cant really think of any replacement parts that really interest me but... John Holmes just picked up an SCX6 and mentioned he might just be working on a motor! Now thats something I'd be interested in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a7b7KVOWec

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3a7b7KVOWec" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well I cant say I feel the need to swap out the RTR motor and ESC as its pretty damn good for an RTR. I'll often swap out electronics just for fun though I cant really think of any replacement parts that really interest me but... John Holmes just picked up an SCX6 and mentioned he might just be working on a motor! Now thats something I'd be interested in.

I'm with you. The stock system seems fine for now. I got lucky and won with motor in a contest, so that's why I was thinking of upgrading. I just need the ESC :mrgreen:. I would be curious to see what HH puts together for the SCX6, I'm sure it'll be cool!

Ditto. Stock is very good. Can't see changing unless you are trying to make it into a basher.

Back