• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Scx10ii with Land Rover D90 body

To most intents and perposes it is DONE!
The uk Recon G6 was the target, and it was great fun. Thanks to the organisers, and Brian Parker who is a great host.
Pictures speak a thousand, check out my buddy Paul winning best truck (twice),and see what 400 gates later did to my perfect truck. T his is what will be keeping me busy for a little while longer.
Thanks for reading, and don't forget, check out all the parts available on the link below!

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 1,010
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 985
  • IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 969
  • IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,045
Last edited:
What!!!! I thought you'd get first place easily!!! I presume a close second then ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha. Thanks for the sentiment, but Pauls trucks are pretty impressive.
Mine wasn't actually in the line up when Mr Parker was checking them all out.... otherwise.... obviously... well i can keep telling myself that.

Very minor update. I've been busy with a new house, so the trucks have had little time - but on the plus side, we're getting a very large garden with a surplus of rocks 8)
I've been wanting to further reduce the top heaviness. The VP axles and gmade wheels do a great job of keeping it planted, but progress is progress.
I swapoed out all of the Raffee windows. The Raffee stuff was 3mm thick acrylic (i think). I've cut out and put 1mm polycarb. It's less than half the weight.
I've also binned the solid rubber seats. These were really weighty. I've gone for 1.5mm thick hard plastic seats - again, less than half the weight. Small changes i know, but hey.
I've finally ditched the ebay china tyres. They have actually faired very well against other trucks on scale tyres, but i though it worth trying some rc4wd dirt grabbers. They look more scale. I've yet to really test the performance.
It's the UK scale nationals next month, so time to get ready!

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 992
  • IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 983
Back