• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Make my scaler climb better

Dlux is a good choice, [emoji4]however its limit your suspension’s articulation. I personally don’t like them in my pure crawler rigs. Cheers [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dlux is a good choice, [emoji4]however its limit your suspension’s articulation. I personally don’t like them in my pure crawler rigs. Cheers [emoji3]

True. I don`t like sway bars also. But if you have a top heavy rig, you have to prevent body roll - one way or the other.
But if you just put one sway bar in, the other axle can still move. So by "fixing" the body to one of the axles, body roll will be limited, while gaining full articulation by giving the other axle free movement (no sway bar, soft springs).

A very interesting "sway bar"-system is used on General Dynamics vehicles (Eagle, Duro):

gd-duro-4.jpg

The "sway bar" is called "roll stabilizer" and is connected to a front wheel and a rear wheel on the same side of the vehicle. So when the front wheel moves in, the rear wheel is forced to move out.
This system will boost articulation and will reduce body roll at the same time.

Thank you for the explanation. Got to to install these and try out on my Wraith. Hopefully the sway bars also reduce some TT on my Wraith. Cheers [emoji106][emoji56]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back