• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 III coming soon?

Horizon shows them in stock on their site. Also available on their ebay site.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As does Tower!
fecc94ec43e600d5b3f7349900d54059.jpg

Hang up and Drive

My card got hit with the charge from Horizon this morning, and that means I should get the shipping notification later today. It's like Rich knows what he is talking about and stuff. :)

New SCX10 III video is up!

"Up close with the Axial AXI03007 SCX10™ III Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon JLU Kit"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ixtm7Ht8Ow

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Ixtm7Ht8Ow" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was debating between TRX4 regular or sport for my first RC and then this came along and I'm all in.

Can anyone help me out with a list of budget parts to complete this kit? I'm not looking for the cheapest necessarily, but best bang for the buck range would be great.

I have nothing right now so I'll be starting completely from scratch.

Thanks in advance!

I was debating between TRX4 regular or sport for my first RC and then this came along and I'm all in.

Can anyone help me out with a list of budget parts to complete this kit? I'm not looking for the cheapest necessarily, but best bang for the buck range would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site! I think it's a good choice for your first truck.

I'm not sure what items you have so I'll give you basics.

ESC: HobbyWing WP 1080
Motor: Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster 540 16T
Servo: Savox 1230 or 1231
Transmitter/Receiver: FlySky GT5

Thanks in advance!

Oh yes, first things first... invest in a good digital multi channel radio and receiver (it's 2020 so 4 or more channels) that allows all sorts of adjustments, such end point (EPA), Trim, and Sub Trim channel assignment to name a few, oh and look for the ability to assign 1,2,and 3 position switches too, crawlers need switches. "thumbsup"

ESC, and Motor. Tekin makes great ESC's and Motors 35 turn is a good start.

If your budget doesn't allow, get Hobbywing 1060- or 1080 ESC and Dynamite 35 turn motor to get started.

Beyond that info, there is a whole sections dedicated to this info. "thumbsup"

*** I'm editing my list because I see Jato put some info and brands that I don't agree with so here is my take on the polar opposite.

Basic list of items I can see so far:

* Radio and Reciever Flysky GT5 is a good start, but read up on it first to see what others say about it, same with the
Spektrum DX5 line of radios.)

* Steering servo (anything but Savox) such as Hitec, or Futaba if your budget allows, do not skimp here look for high torque
and high voltage if possible as it's the norm now.

* 2 Micro shift servos (these are less consequential)

* ESC and 35 turn 540 or 21 turn 550 motor (with modifications) I'm not a Holmes electronics fan, save yourself the grief. I
would recommend the Hobbywing 1080, with a Tekin 35 turn motor or some sort of generic 21 turn.

* Batteries that fit this platform

You can add lights later too "thumbsup"

Last edited:
My LHS will have mine in about noon Friday, Coincidence is I’m on vacation Thursday and Friday.
This should be up and done by Sunday night, as the paint will be here tomorrow along with a dig servo.
BLE/PullerPro 3500, PM470 Castle bec fed by 3s.......

Hang up and Drive

5 minutes later and I have tracking. Let's just hope it doesn't get here before the receiver I have on order.

Got my tracking number as well! :mrgreen:

I'm a right coaster so I'm guessing others will have theirs well before I have mine. And it's shipping via FedEx so I have more concern. :ror:

Got my tracking number as well! :mrgreen:

I'm a right coaster so I'm guessing others will have theirs well before I have mine. And it's shipping via FedEx so I have more concern. :ror:

I think they’re shipping from Illinois, if you ordered through horizon anyway, may not be too long of a wait "thumbsup"

been on the fence for awhile about the trx4 then the gen8, then the trx4, but man this thing checks the boxes.

i am the only one that thought "gun it" at the end of the video?

Back