• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 III coming soon?

Also the chassis could be adjusted to fit different body sizes/wheelbases. Or a simple rear end kit to make a 6x6?

Adjustable weight bias is an interesting point.

It's a very well done driving video showing the dig. I expected more of a video detailing the new tech of the truck. I assume that will follow later or maybe they won't make one.

But the terrain and production of the video are excellent. Driving in that sand looks so fun! And those West coast sandpaper rocks also look like a blast to play on.

I think the video was shot in Utah not on the west coast

Just ordered the last one in stock from Tamico(de). Sorry not sorry!

I didn't realize it's going to be this tough trying to decide how to paint it :x I guess it'll be red like all my other trucks! Because nothing beats red+black.

Getting a pre-cut body from axial is a huge plus. If this thing would've had a body you cut yourself, I wouldn't have ordered this in a million years. Never going to cut Lexan again after the Cherokee grille..

The ONE thing so far that I still don't like is the holes in the links.. Sure they are useful when building the links, but then, every other second of their lives they just look bad. Especially when the links themselves otherwise look so good now.

This kit got me so excited. This kit has all the bells and whistles that people built previously themselves. Metal balls for links AND shocks! Hidden body posts! Interior (esp. without body post cutout)!, ready to go light buckets! Driver! 2-speed without spending a fortune on a few extra gears! Inner fenders!

(Sure, we got a many of these and more with the magnificent TRX-4.)

Oh, what a year to be alive as an RC crawler enthusiast.

What will be the next step in kits like these? Suspension etc. built in more realistic ways? Because hobby-wise it's tough to beat TRX-4 and this. It's almost like CPU's in PC's now. Instead of massive speed bumps, now they are just fiddling with things. I hope some manuf would innovate something massive, not just reiterate over the proven design of TRX-4 and surely also this.

Last edited:
The choice of chassis is interesting. The more I think about it the more I'm not sure I understand why they went with the sliding chassis. It made sense in the Ascender kit because of the modular links. You could change the wheelbase on the Ascender without buying new links. That doesn't seem to be the case here so what's the benefit of the two-piece rails?
I can see one reason. Fixed-length chassis that have adjustable wheelbases typically have multiple holes for mounting the shock towers, so as to keeps the shocks so the same angle at the axle. When setting up said chassis' "standard" wheelbase, the axles are typically centered below the chassis' rear arch.

However, when lengthening/shortening the wheelbase, two changes occur - 1) the shock tower is attached in front of, or behind, the arch's "center point"; 2) the rear axle is also moved in front of, or behind, the arch's "center point". I would assume (since I'm still somewhat new to crawlers, an assumption is what I must make) that lengthening/shortening the wheelbase on such a chassis, one would also have to limit upward movement of the axle.

By going with a 2-piece rail, lengthening/shortening the wheelbase is no longer done by repositioning the rear shock tower...it would be done by actually lengthening/shortening the chassis rails, this allowing the rear shock tower to remain centered on the rail's arch. Again, this is just an assumption, made by someone new to crawling...but, it's a very logical assumption.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

The blue shown is the model i build for the box art. I kept it :twisted:
I know more people appear to be looking the silver, but I MUCH prefer the blue. I know you mentioned that you "caught most of the manual errors" prior to production (especially when compared to the Capra), so have to ask - is a 'corrected' version available for download? Or, if not, will it be uploaded soon? I haven't pre-ordered (yet...lol), but I'm starting to consider it.

Gotta admit, I had no intention of buying another crawler kit...especially considering I still need to finish my Trail King, and I haven't even started the TF2...but, after watching the RCN 'unboxing' video, my "I want" thoughts are trying to overpower my "I don't need" thoughts. I'll be watching the 'build' video very shortly.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

Just ordered the last one in stock from Tamico(de). Sorry not sorry!

I didn't realize it's going to be this tough trying to decide how to paint it :x I guess it'll be red like all my other trucks! Because nothing beats red+black.

Getting a pre-cut body from axial is a huge plus. If this thing would've had a body you cut yourself, I wouldn't have ordered this in a million years. Never going to cut Lexan again after the Cherokee grille..

The ONE thing so far that I still don't like is the holes in the links.. Sure they are useful when building the links, but then, every other second of their lives they just look bad. Especially when the links themselves otherwise look so good now.

This kit got me so excited. This kit has all the bells and whistles that people built previously themselves. Metal balls for links AND shocks! Hidden body posts! Interior (esp. without body post cutout)!, ready to go light buckets! Driver! 2-speed without spending a fortune on a few extra gears! Inner fenders!

(Sure, we got a many of these and more with the magnificent TRX-4.)

Oh, what a year to be alive as an RC crawler enthusiast.

What will be the next step in kits like these? Suspension etc. built in more realistic ways? Because hobby-wise it's tough to beat TRX-4 and this. It's almost like CPU's in PC's now. Instead of massive speed bumps, now they are just fiddling with things. I hope some manuf would innovate something massive, not just reiterate over the proven design of TRX-4 and surely also this.

Friend of mine got it from Tamico aswell. Only 8 units where available. Next shipping will be in May

I know more people appear to be looking the silver, but I MUCH prefer the blue. I know you mentioned that you "caught most of the manual errors" prior to production (especially when compared to the Capra), so have to ask - is a 'corrected' version available for download? Or, if not, will it be uploaded soon? I haven't pre-ordered (yet...lol), but I'm starting to consider it.

Gotta admit, I had no intention of buying another crawler kit...especially considering I still need to finish my Trail King, and I haven't even started the TF2...but, after watching the RCN 'unboxing' video, my "I want" thoughts are trying to overpower my "I don't need" thoughts. I'll be watching the 'build' video very shortly.

so there are a couple typos BUT the instructions, hardware etc are correct. Nothing like the Capra issues. As an example, the rear body posts call for a M2.5mm flat head screw but they are actually M3. Nothing else to mix up in the bag and the part number is correct. One other is a typo like AX14 when it should be AX144. The image, hardware etc are good. All the hardware images are 1:1 also.

BTW the first batch is almost sold out...super close...may want to get one on order if you don't want to wait ;-)

Rich

Last edited:
BTW the first batch is almost sold out...super close...may want to get one on order if you don't want to wait ;-)

Rich
I would probably pre-order (even if it were to start sealed for a few months), except for this lil thing called the coronavirus. Unfortunately, due to states & county 'orders' in California, the limousine service I work for has, effectively, been temporarily been shut down...ALL drivers have been placed on "unpaid leave of absence", thus there's no money coming in. If this lasts too much longer, a few weeks from now, I might not even have enough to pay bills, as I'll need to focus on food.

Sure, I did pick up a Baja Rey Mint 400 Limited Edition...but, that was paid for with birthday money (truthfully, I should say some of my b-day money, as there were separate checks given - one designated "to help with bills", the other "for whatever you want"). So, that means, until we're 'back in business' (which could be another month, or two), any RC-related purchases will have to be kept to the absolute minimum. [emoji27][emoji31][emoji3063]

I pre-ordered mine from Horizon on my lunch break today. Hopefully it arrives soon and gives me something to wrench on while I'm stuck at home

Back