• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 III coming soon?

The small tires actually make it more noticeable because the gap between the front of the fender and the tire increases. Also if you aren’t comping in C1, 4.5 inch tires are the sweet spot. OG Rock Beasts are spot on but the new RC4WD KM2s and the Proline Trxus should be good too. "thumbsup"

Hmm interesting points! Definitely not comping this truck (GC4 and GSpeed V3 in the works for that) but I love the km3 tires on the Jeep so I wanted to go that route. Trxus is a good idea too.

Any chance you could toss up a couple pics with different tire sizes for us?

This one looks a little better in the rear, hopefully it’s a fluke in some of the early releases assembly

Attachments

• AF9F62DE-707A-46A0-AAB4-B7FB8CB0D0AB.jpeg
    AF9F62DE-707A-46A0-AAB4-B7FB8CB0D0AB.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,077
Last edited:
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the CRC JK clear body. This one looks really nice, and I can't wait for it to show up on my doorstep.

I wonder if the JK body flares will fit this.

Looks to me on all these rigs, the wheelbase is to short.

This one looks like the front axle is too far back.
Body mounts got turned around, causing the whole body to shift forward? I wonder?

Looks to me on all these rigs, the wheelbase is to short.

This one looks like the front axle is too far back.
Body mounts got turned around, causing the whole body to shift forward? I wonder?

The RC companies are taking various bodies, all with differing 1:1 wheelbases, and modifying them to fit the now standard 12.3" wheelbase of scalers. Some compromises are almost always going to have to be made to keep the wheelbase right while making the proportions and the body itself look "right". I think this is a pretty good scale representation of the 1:1 JL.

Couple direct side shots for you guys.
49684354768_73a9055e2a_o.jpg

49684354743_64a46fd487_o.jpg

What's interesting is that on the 1:1 JL, it seems the rear wheel is offset towards the front of the wheel well.

JK's were like that too. Any upsize in tire and you needed to trim the corner of the body pinch seam if you actually wheeled, otherwise the tire would get in to the seam when you stuffed it.

Well my thoughts are. Looks a nice truck. I have not watched any reviews or videos of it yet, so have no opinion about it's performance, but it should be very good.

The Axial fans will be upset now, when I say this should have been the Ascender2 (or II) with the adjustable chassis. But if it brings the hobby along a bit further with better quality components and build then it is a good thing.

I don't know if I will get one. Maybe next year when I retire and more body styles will be available, plus upgrades from Axial or other vendors.

Last edited:
Well my thoughts are. Looks a nice truck. I have not watched any reviews or videos of it yet, so have no opinion about it's performance, but it should be very good.

The Axial fans win be upset now, when I say this should have been the Ascender2 (or II) with the adjustable chassis. But if it brings the hobby along a bit further with better quality components and build then it is a good thing.

I don't know if I will get one. Maybe next year when I retire and more body styles will be available, plus upgrades from Axial or other vendors.

I hear ya, but I think they did exactly what they should have. Having "merged" They came out with a rig comprised of what they thought were the better components and added some new bits and design. Axial is far more popular, so I can see them focusing on this "line" instead.

I’m not sure either way which is better two rails or 4. This is the first Axial product I’m actually stoked about .... and the first Jeep that’s good looking in lexan. If the plastics and dig are as good as shown, this might have a top place in my fleet..... portals and all. I stopped being a portal fan with my R1.....
So this will be interesting to put it mildly.

Hang up and Drive

The choice of chassis is interesting. The more I think about it the more I'm not sure I understand why they went with the sliding chassis. It made sense in the Ascender kit because of the modular links. You could change the wheelbase on the Ascender without buying new links. That doesn't seem to be the case here so what's the benefit of the two-piece rails?

The choice of chassis is interesting. The more I think about it the more I'm not sure I understand why they went with the sliding chassis. It made sense in the Ascender kit because of the modular links. You could change the wheelbase on the Ascender without buying new links. That doesn't seem to be the case here so what's the benefit of the two-piece rails?

Cheaper production, only 1 rear rod size now needed, no more “parts box” the other 4

Hang up and Drive

More wheelbase options than just links and easier to adjust weight bias of tranny/skid, easier to move around for fuller interior.

Axial video is excellent, I had to rewind to look at the real Jeeps first and how they segued into the SCX10III, nice video watched it couple times! "thumbsup"

More wheelbase options than just links and easier to adjust weight bias of tranny/skid, easier to move around for fuller interior.

Axial video is excellent, I had to rewind to look at the real Jeeps first and how they segued into the SCX10III, nice video watched it couple times! "thumbsup"

Adjustable weight bias is an interesting point.

It's a very well done driving video showing the dig. I expected more of a video detailing the new tech of the truck. I assume that will follow later or maybe they won't make one.

But the terrain and production of the video are excellent. Driving in that sand looks so fun! And those West coast sandpaper rocks also look like a blast to play on.

Last edited:
Back