• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Revamping RCC Please read

Been trying for last couple of hours to log-in but the site was running super slow, or not loading up at all. Finally got logged-in but then wouldn't load a page to let me post, then wouldn't let me log out. Just got back on now and wondering what's up? I was wanting to look into a membership. Had this happen a couple of times now.

I'm stuck in the hospital since yesterday for my now removed appendix. It's been taking 10-30 seconds to load each page for me in that time.

It's been good in general over the last couple weeks with only the occasional slow down or outage. I just figured those were times the guys were working on the site.

To the admins.

If the slow downs seem random, I'd love to offer assistance if you folks need anything. Long time Linux system as well as Forum software admin. Ping me if you need anything!

I'm also getting the message that Jato got. I wasnt able to edit my last post above without getting that message, I tried many times and finally gave up. The site is really slow at the moment.

Yup, it's slow

Yep, felt like the site was being hosted on a Ti83 calculator yesterday. Seems fine now.

Been trying for last couple of hours to log-in but the site was running super slow, or not loading up at all. Finally got logged-in but then wouldn't load a page to let me post, then wouldn't let me log out. Just got back on now and wondering what's up? I was wanting to look into a membership. Had this happen a couple of times now.

I'm stuck in the hospital since yesterday for my now removed appendix. It's been taking 10-30 seconds to load each page for me in that time.

It's been good in general over the last couple weeks with only the occasional slow down or outage. I just figured those were times the guys were working on the site.
Thanks for the feedback guys, please do not hesitate to posting ANY issues you're experiencing with RCC. I've been working on the site loading very slow issue for the last few days but it's been a tough one to pinpoint where the issue is. At first I thought it was a DNS issue with my ISP as I've had so many ******* Internet outages in the last week and also because all of the server stats/loads are so low, it did not seem like a server performance issue at all.

I'm not working on anything else on the site until I get this figured out and fixed.

At first I thought it was a DNS issue with my ISP as I've had so many ******* Internet outages in the last week and also because all of the server stats/loads are so low, it did not seem like a server performance issue at all.

I'm not working on anything else on the site until I get this figured out and fixed.
Generally DNS unless your IP is dynamic and constantly changing, shouldn't lead to slow loading of the site, pages or features. That is general server side performance or connection(s) limitations (aka: back end tuning). I don't know the hosting situation, full software compliment, nor size of the instance running this site, but I will still offer to help.

I don't want to appear like I'm pressuring, nor demanding to be a Mod or Admin. Actually the opposite. I was given a green star that I didn't purchase, and semi-feel like I should earn it as I didn't purchase it. Easiest path for me to give back, would be to help with the OS and Software side if possible.
Any way I can give back and help this site, I will! 😁(y)

Last edited:
I don't know if you did anything, but performance this morning has been outstanding.
I've done a bunch of server settings optimization. I'm finally seeing performance I'm happy with with my testing. Thanks for the feedback.
Generally DNS unless your IP is dynamic and constantly changing, shouldn't lead to slow loading of the site, pages or features. That is general server side performance or connection(s) limitations (aka: back end tuning). I don't know the hosting situation, full software compliment, nor size of the instance running this site, but I will still offer to help.

I don't want to appear like I'm pressuring, nor demanding to be a Mod or Admin. Actually the opposite. I was given a green star that I didn't purchase, and semi-feel like I should earn it as I didn't purchase it. Easiest path for me to give back, would be to help with the OS and Software side if possible.
Any way I can give back and help this site, I will! 😁(y)
I gave you the star because you've been active when RCC needs it the most and that is very much appreciated!

Also, I appreciate your offer to help on the backend, but if I couldn't figure this shit out myself then I shouldn't be responsible for our sites not to mention my job in IT for the last 30 years. ;)

The main reason I was thinking it was DNS related issues was because I just got done migrating from two old servers down to one old server then migrating to a brand new server, so a lot of DNS changed were going on. Fortunately I know also know DNS well and I didn't fuck anything up, it was just my shitty ISP.

Also, I appreciate your offer to help on the backend, but if I couldn't figure this shit out myself then I shouldn't be responsible for our sites not to mention my job in IT for the last 30 years. ;)
Much appreciate your generosity.

And same, I've been doing the IT/DevOps thing now for 10 years solid, with a 15 year hiatus before this. And there are still days where I feel behind the 8Ball with all the changes... Thankfully, still solidly rooted in all this muck and doing well.

Much appreciate your generosity.

And same, I've been doing the IT/DevOps thing now for 10 years solid, with a 15 year hiatus before this. And there are still days where I feel behind the 8Ball with all the changes... Thankfully, still solidly rooted in all this muck and doing well.
Seriously it is damn near a full time job keeping up on technology changes!

Thanks for the feedback guys, please do not hesitate to posting ANY issues you're experiencing with RCC. I've been working on the site loading very slow issue for the last few days but it's been a tough one to pinpoint where the issue is. At first I thought it was a DNS issue with my ISP as I've had so many ******* Internet outages in the last week and also because all of the server stats/loads are so low, it did not seem like a server performance issue at all.

Very much appreciate the time spent on the site, usually keep hush so I don't come across as if I'm complaining 'cos am not (y) it is a great site with awesome info (y)

I did notice one thing...

My shortcut to the forums has always been "rccrawler.com/forum/" and that would no longer load - gave me an "Not found" error.

I re-checked by going to the homepage and then selecting the forums, and it seem that there has been an "s" added to that URL - it's now "rccrawler.com/forums/".

Updated my shortcut, easy-peasy!

I did notice one thing...

My shortcut to the forums has always been "rccrawler.com/forum/" and that would no longer load - gave me an "Not found" error.

I re-checked by going to the homepage and then selecting the forums, and it seem that there has been an "s" added to that URL - it's now "rccrawler.com/forums/".

Updated my shortcut, easy-peasy!
Thanks for letting me know, I forgot to add my redirects back to the config when I was troubleshooting the performance issue.

"rccrawler.com/forum/" should automatically redirect you to the new forums URL.

It's the least I could do, considering all the work you put into the place!

And I just noticed I have a green star again!

:badger:

I assume the forum was down for awhile this weekend? I wasn't able to get on last night and this morning.
...and yes it's back up to speed

It's exciting to see this place getting worked on. 💪

Back