• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ReGearing Everest-10?

First off, hello RC Crawler forum! This is my first post to this forum, although I've been a watcher for quite a while, haha ;-). I've been slowly building up my Redcat Racing Everest 10 crawler, and for the record I love it dearly. Massive, absolutely massive flex and articulation and very durable. Also btw, I've had fantastic luck with defoaming the stock rubber. I've heard some people say it is too much, but its just right for me. I'll probably stuff the foam back in after the mod I'm about to ask about is complete.

I'm wanting to put a 20t motor in my Everest 10. I am fully aware that this will severely diminish its crawling ability, but that's why I'm keeping the stock motor and pinion for actual crawling. I am looking forward to being able to bash it a little with the extra speed. I currently have the motor sitting on the workbench with the Everest in pieces, I'm waiting on new pinions to come in the mail, because ugh, the allen bolts that litter the truck always strip out on me, and the pinion one didn't disapoint :evil:. My queries are;

1. Around how fast should I expect this truck to go? I'm first going to install it with the stock gearing, I believe its 14/87 off the top of my head. I know it probably won't be touching the 15-18mph the Wraith does with a 20 turn because it has much higher gearing, but will it be enough to have fun as a basher?

2. I've read that there's some clearance issues with messing with gearing on the Everest 10. Would I run into motor mount problems if I went up maybe 2 or 3 sizes on the pinion for the 20t motor? I have a Dremel, I could drill the screw holes a little farther out for more room to adjust gear mesh. This is an awfully specific question, so it mainly applies to E-10 guys.

Thanks in advance.

You can use the Axial AX10 axle and tranny gearing (E10 is the same) on this calculator to figure things out: R/C Calculations

17t is the largest pinion that I could fit on my son's E10 using the 87t spur. If you use an 80t spur you'll have a bit taller gearing, and have more room to go bigger on the pinion.

Running axial 80t spur and 21t pinion on 21turn 550 brushed motor, stock wheels, traxxas esc, 2S Lipo.

Back