• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat Sumo micro crawler - not yet a scaler

Richterat83

RCC Addict
Initially i was looking for a losi micro crawler or trail trekker, but just didn't work out (and i didn't want to buy new as i am cheap)

After some digging, i found the Redcat Micro Sumo crawler was a bargin, even though i was hesitant buying a redcat (rcc snobs shun redcat)

box stock (photo by redcat)
41lz%2B2ygbmL.01_SL500_.jpg

I already had hobbyking metal gear servos and a lipo ordered, so as soon as the truck came in, i did a test run with it and prompty tore it apart.

Relocated the upper shock mounts, trimmed the springs up so it's just resting on spring tension when idle but suspension droops out.
Also cut up the AA battery boxes to house the lipo battery on one side and the esc on the other

Also popped a few new holes in the body (Not permanent, trying to find the scale body i want)

and obligatory work bench flex

now it doesn't slow down when you turn when going straight or bog down when you're on the throttle and turning the wheels.

All said, i'm in roughly $115

I did pick up a New Brite Tahoe (forward-reverse/turn wired RC) i pulled the body off of and test mocked up

But decided against it as i rather not make the truck any longer (I am wanting to keep it as small as possible but still scale)

I'll update as i come across any other truck bodies or ATV bodies

Last edited:
Family dollar has a nice yota
2ac3d944fdd277f47235da974c2510d2.jpg

I don't have a pic of it on but its a good fit. I think I got the fj there too
639bb4e68ddf1a3c418353054b980533.jpg

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Crap now I need a micro yota scaler. Thanks...

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

i got few u can have... just pay for the ride to ya... 2 pickups and a 4runner... they need some work but hey...

Back