• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Question about V2 dig and 3 speed trans

my trx4 has a locking rear when its in high gear its open and in low gear its locked
i dont see a need for selectable lockers but having buttons that do something is in itself fun
i did build a basterd axle just to get the selectable locker but that was for a semi gofast trail rig

If you take a Phoenix and put TRX-4 axles under it, then do a bunch of custom work to mount the servos, you can have unlocking diffs. I know because I built one. Would I do it again? Nope.
But not for the reason you think-- F10 portals have a 1.4:1 reduction, while TRX-4 are 2:1, so things get REAL. SLOW. On a Fusion Pro with 16T pinion, it's about 3.5mph WOT. I mean, I also unlock the diffs... rarely.
The only TRX-4 I routinely use the lockers on is a Defender. Because it weighs 9lbs and turns like a boat.

I watched a video where someone did this but they did a bunch of math and changed a bunch of gearing to get the ratio right soon I think of I took the time to do the math I could get it right. I want a 2 or 3 speed so I can have the high speed and the low speed like I have in the TRX4. I really like that. There has to be a way to do it. I will figure it out. I know you can get the dig in 2 speed also so that would work. If I could put the TRX diffs and a 2 speed with dig in the Phoenix I would be soooo happy.

. If I could put the TRX diffs and a 2 speed with dig in the Phoenix I would be soooo happy.

dude you can do what ever you want its not like the rcc police will come steal your rig

these aint toys

your skill is your only limit

if you want 3 peed buy a 3 peed trans you want did than dig it

locking diffs than buy locking diffs

want to turn your lights on and off from your radio

run a winch

turn signals breaklights

engine sounds

beat box

you want your truck to puff a vape pen and blow the smoke out a stack yup thats been done

dude you can do what ever you want its not like the rcc police will come steal your rig

these aint toys

your skill is your only limit

if you want 3 peed buy a 3 peed trans you want did than dig it

locking diffs than buy locking diffs

want to turn your lights on and off from your radio

run a winch

turn signals breaklights

engine sounds

beat box

you want your truck to puff a vape pen and blow the smoke out a stack yup thats been done

LOL You are correct but I usually ask so I can try and figure out the easiest way or maybe find someone who has done it before who can give me some tips on what not to do to do it. I will be doing this with my VS4-10 I am just not exactly sure how I am going to do it yet.

figure out the easiest way
I don't think I have ever done anything easily...

If it does it usually requires lots of money, time, and frustrations 5 times over. Then when I finish it, I realize I could have done something else to make it way easier than what I had attempted to do in the first place. Even copying someone else it sometimes doesn't come out just right.

You want a trx4 w/ dig from a phoenix? Maybe the wrong platform that you are looking for. Just my opinion. In 2wd, the phoenix is capable of 3sp, in 4wd semi 2sp @ dig. I get the need for 5 servos but, I'm not sure if you are chasing the rabbit down the rabbit hole. I will for sure be looking forward to this build.

You want a trx4 w/ dig from a phoenix? Maybe the wrong platform that you are looking for. Just my opinion. In 2wd, the phoenix is capable of 3sp, in 4wd semi 2sp @ dig. I get the need for 5 servos but, I'm not sure if you are chasing the rabbit down the rabbit hole. I will for sure be looking forward to this build.

Where do u get the phoenix has 3spd in 2wd n semi 2sp in 4wd? The vfd twin has selectable o/d, not a 2 or 3 spd trans.

indybama, nailed it. The VFD twin tranny is a single speed transmission, with front wheel selectable OD. Period.

I get what they are saying, technically in all of those settings the vehicle will have a different FDR, resulting in slightly different speeds.

But I don’t think that’s what the OP is looking for. And I don’t think that’s what most of us would consider 3 speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I am looking for a 2 speed for my Phoenix. I have a TRX-4 Sport with all the upgrades including 2 speed and diffs. I just ordered the Early Bronco that has a 2 speed. I have 2 kids that like to take the RC cars when we go walking in the trails behind our house. I am hoping to be able to keep all 3 vehicles around the same speed. But I also want to be able to crawl with them when I want to also. The 2 speed is a massive help in this way. If I can figure out a way to get the Phoenix to keep up with the TRX-4 I will honestly be happy but I think to have it set up the way I want will be hard without a 2 speed trans.

Yes, I am looking for a 2 speed for my Phoenix. I have a TRX-4 Sport with all the upgrades including 2 speed and diffs. I just ordered the Early Bronco that has a 2 speed. I have 2 kids that like to take the RC cars when we go walking in the trails behind our house. I am hoping to be able to keep all 3 vehicles around the same speed. But I also want to be able to crawl with them when I want to also. The 2 speed is a massive help in this way. If I can figure out a way to get the Phoenix to keep up with the TRX-4 I will honestly be happy but I think to have it set up the way I want will be hard without a 2 speed trans.

Something like a 2850kv slate/mamba x combo on 3-4s should accomplish that no problem. And still have pretty good low speed control for crawling

Something like a 2850kv slate/mamba x combo on 3-4s should accomplish that no problem. And still have pretty good low speed control for crawling

Do you think the 2700kv HH Puller pro is enough? or should I get a 3300kv?

Also should I leave the spur ratio the same? and what about the pinion?

Back