• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Proline By the Fire 2024

Fricker08

RCC Addict
Subscribed Member
Well we’re getting close, anyone here planning on going and any special builds you e got that you’re willing to share? This is my 3rd year going and I think I’m going to camp out this year finally. Looking forward to it.. even though I still need to grab my tickets

im planning on going if i can aford the ticket lol
its alot of money for a few hours of crawling especially since i can go any time i want to
heck there are probably guys outthere right now lol
it seems more and more people are going there every friday night and Saturday mornings these days

I'm considering going with my 5 year old son.

Are there any rules regarding what vehicles you can run? I don't see anything about that on their website so I'm guessing not.

I would only be bringing my SCX10 3 Bronco (for my son) and my GCM CMax (for me).

its a run what you brung type of event and ill be honest with ya your gonna need to bring everything you have on hand or you will end up with a new rig lol just sayin lol
these rocks eat parts like a kid on Halloween and having a extra rig for back up is always a good thing i usualy break something on every rig i take out there

Those rocks are grippy and the extra challenges they have can be really hard on your trucks, but they are fun. Lighting on your trucks and a good head light are great things to have for the night runs.

I'm considering going with my 5 year old son.

Are there any rules regarding what vehicles you can run? I don't see anything about that on their website so I'm guessing not.

I would only be bringing my SCX10 3 Bronco (for my son) and my GCM CMax (for me).
No rules or regulations, they even usually have a ramp setup for bashers.. although those guys can be rather obnoxious ripping their xmaxx’s through the crowd.
Last year I brought 7 or 8 trucks and ran 5 I think. I will have a spare rig or 2 if you end up needing one. I’ve got a Capra, as well as a 10.3 and possibly a fordyce unless I sell it to get an optic.
Tickets went on sale Friday I think, I’ll be grabbing mine this coming weekend once I get paid

I have a spare Element we'll probably bring then. And thanks for the offer, which we may take you up on. My 10.3 Bronco has been extremely reliable, but the GCM is still an unknown in that aspect.

Also, the GCM won't be able to perform the way some of those trails may require. But hopefully there's bypass lines...

The Bronco has almost too many lights. The GCM has none, so maybe I'll try to get those installed before September.

If Axial drops the price on either the SCX6, or the 10.3 CJ I'll probably buy one of those before the event. If not, maybe I'll buy one there...

Nevermind. I just realized that I already have a camping trip scheduled with my family at San O'nofre for that same weekend...

Oh well, hopefully next year.

Nevermind. I just realized that I already have a camping trip scheduled with my family at San O'nofre for that same weekend...

Oh well, hopefully next year.
It’s still about a 3 hour drive for me to get out there. I try to grab the same spot right outside the gate in the overflow for the truck and trailer.

Though I haven’t made it out yet to “crawlers and coffee” it’s just about the same thing and see from pics they do a great job with it. If I’m not mistaken they are even a big sponsor for PLBTF. They actually have multiple events through the year near your area.

I didn't know those events existed. I'll likely try to check some of those out next year.

I've never been to any crawling events. I'm hoping to try one sooner rather than later.

Hopefully next year's By the Fire is also close enough to my house to justify the drive.

I didn't know those events existed. I'll likely try to check some of those out next year.

I've never been to any crawling events. I'm hoping to try one sooner rather than later.

Hopefully next year's By the Fire is also close enough to my house to justify the drive.
It has always been at the same spot. It is a great place to crawl.

Considering the park is dry camping. How do people charge their batteries? Just run off a rv/ trailer, or bring in batteries that were charged that morning?

P.S. I'm thinking about trying to just hit up Saturday.

Considering the park is dry camping. How do people charge their batteries? Just run off a rv/ trailer, or bring in batteries that were charged that morning?

P.S. I'm thinking about trying to just hit up Saturday.
I've used a portable power supply to run my charger at other events.

Something like this will let you charge plenty of times over the weekend:

Anker Portable Power Supply

But if you are only going to be there for a day, it is probably easiest to charge what you need at home.

Back