• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Proline By the Fire 2024

I've used a portable power supply to run my charger at other events.

Something like this will let you charge plenty of times over the weekend:

Anker Portable Power Supply

But if you are only going to be there for a day, it is probably easiest to charge what you need at home.
How many batteries do you think 3 rigs would need for the day, and into the evening? I'm so used to just being able to charge.

3 cars - 1 driver or 3? Haha

3 - 3s 5200’s would probably get enough driving for the day.

Like others asked Do you have a dc capable charger? Invest in a 12v lifepo4 (suggest 30-50ah, small and compact but plenty of power) would charge enough packs to keep anyone happy driving. Eventually build a case for it with plug options, and usb for multi use power supply.

Bring a small table, chairs and some sort of shade cover. Temps won’t be too bad but a lack of shade for the most of it. Hat, sunscreen and plenty of water (even when you are on the trail) would be advised.

Last edited:
It's going to depend on what size battery you're running and how efficient your trucks are. You don't have a dc powered charger?
I have a DC capable charger but it can only charge 1 battery at a time.

3 cars - 1 driver or 3? Haha

3 - 3s 5200’s would probably get enough driving for the day.

Like others asked Do you have a dc capable charger? Invest in a 12v lifepo4 (suggest 30-50ah, small and compact but plenty of power) would charge enough packs to keep anyone happy driving. Eventually build a case for it with plug options, and usb for multi use power supply.

Bring a small table, chairs and some sort of shade cover. Temps won’t be too bad but a lack of shade for the most of it. Hat, sunscreen and plenty of water (even when you are on the trail) would be advised.

3 cars with 3 drivers. I had planned on bringing chairs, water, and a canopy. I have 1 DC capable charger but it can only charge 1 battery at a time. The high desert can be rough with cold at night, and burniatingly hot during the day.

Whatever you do keep a spare battery in your pocket or bag, nothing like carrying a 7lb rig through the terrain a mile back to camp…

I’ll have a generator and I think quite a few people will. Lmk if anyone needs anything. I’m headed up Thursday evening and plan on staying til Sunday

Attachments

• IMG_3775.jpeg
    IMG_3775.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3762.jpeg
    IMG_3762.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Back