• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Pro-Line 1985 Toyota HiLux SR5 2-Piece Body for 12.3"

I wish the "toolbox" in the bed was wider. I'm not able to get the bed down low enough (without cutting the bed) on my SCX10 II because it hits the shock caps.

Finally finished mine.
9ad4f085e4a636c035e483f21ce93a1b.jpg

ef71160d6746fe57d136fe1ac33c28bc.jpg

e2bdb068dc3d72a937c3f6685b2bf4d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone have the knights customs bumpers and roll bar for this yet. I ordered mine just curious if anyone else has them. If so can you post some pics. Thanks

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I'm sure you already have them by now, but I have the bumpers and lens covers for the front lights. They fit great and look very good.

I have this body on a stock SCX10 II,using the OG SCX adapter body posts. They line up with the dimples in the body perfectly, but with the front posts fully extended and the rears all the way down, it still sits with its butt in the air a little bit. I think in order to get it to sit level I am going to swap out to OG SCX10 shock towers and body posts in the rear with shorter shocks (or I may just limit the down travel on the originals to keep cost down).

Pro-Line, you really need to do a bit of modification to the bed. The toolbox needs to be larger in every dimension. Running the SCX10 II shock towers in the rear, it isn't possible to get the body low enough (without cutting it) because it hits the shocks. The Ascenders that I have seen with the body have also had to cut the bed too...Needing to cut the bed or swap out a bunch of stuff to get a lexan crawler specific body to fit is just silly.

What rear bumper you guys finding that works? My body mounts are all the way down and there is still quite a gap between the stock bumper and the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was another complaint I have...How the tailgate just randomly ends, leaving a huge gap above the frame. Knight Customs bumpers look very good. The rear hides the gap very well, but they are 3d printed. Mine broke off on the second run with it. The truck took a pretty big fall, but I have definitely crashed harder and never had even a stock bumper fail.

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy another one. Its $30...for a few bucks more I can get a custom steel bumper built by Scaler Fab.

I used the scx10ii kit stock bumper a little differently than intended to fill in the gap. My bed is mounted with the rear body mounts bottomed out. And coming up through the toolbox looking thing they molded in.
ed70265bc66a042530e241d3de29453f.jpg

I also cut the bed floor out to allow the shocks some room.

I mounted the bumper on top of the holes it was supposed to pass through, raising it to fill the gap.
242c4c3eb963d5742ebd8c68157df3f3.jpg

It makes it look better as well as raise the bumper up a bit for more clearance.
240e06b0b0ae7344b0606b87ed1f66c9.jpg

I did put a slice of an old axial bumper mount post in the hole to firm up the mount. It has a little flex to it but not much at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here is my SR5 :)

Hi, sorry to bother you but I was wondering what bumpers you have working with your SR5 body. I would like to keep the front lower lexan bumper with the lower markers and your setup seems to be the best. I saw tge knights customs front bumper (seems way to expensive for a 3d printed unit) but yours seems to be the best for this application. Thanks in advance. - Matt

This body looks great, but is about 1" too long for Ascender K10 with cage. When are you going to make it about 1" shorter so that it fits the Vaterra Ascender K10 cage to proper 12.3" wheelbase? Maybe a standard cab instead of XtraCab?

Last edited:
There's a guy on eBay that makes them.

Search "scale cooler".
Username: flyguide246.

He's got a Facebook page too but I don't remember what it is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seems like a hit or miss can anyone calrify if this body comes with window stickers not masking decals ? Bought mine a while ago and it didn't have any so thought it was weird.

Back