• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Phildirt’s Axial SCX10ii Deadbolt

2984a46d5d625f35a3eb2a4e483c6765.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will run it this weekend, can’t wait. On paper I lost a bunch of un-usable travel and gained lower cg. I guess this is “semi droop” sort of. I know a lot of you all have done it, will be neat to test since I’ve logged miles at stock height. These are Axial shocks with Enduro springs, they are pretty soft.

I don’t think I can get the body lower without unwanted surgery.

So I ordered a few parts for this rig:

JP1 Body
BFG Krawlers
Brass lower shock mounts because I stripped one of the plastic ones

I ordered new shocks for the Enduro so I may swap the pen springs over to that body, may not we'll see. The Krawlers are 2.2's and will be mounted on G-Made G2 beadlocks.

This thing looks ready for a tractor pull. Told kiddo I ordered a Ford and a Jeep, to pick one...she went Jeep, was kinda hoping she’d want the Ford/truggy cage for this rig...nope. So I will keep this body for an alternate. I think red really suits it, I love how it turned out with the trimming. The odd headlights are a mishmash of parts because I wanted them to be bolted to the shell...not functional but don’t care. Will probably put a shorty LED bar on the grill once the JP1 body is mounted up.

a428f525562ccd4f2adcbba48ecdced7.jpg

So I decided I’m committed to running a 2.2 setup on this rig. Grabbed these BFG Krawlers and mounted them on G-made bead locks, they are not metal but the goal of this rig is lightweight. I swapped over the Enduro shocks and added aluminum lower mounts. The shocks feel much smoother than the Axial rtr version. I am running the Axial springs as they are a bit firmer and I think it helps a bit with body roll, this rig does see heavy throttle/turning. Here is a look at a size comparison between the Proline 1.9 Boggers and Axial 2.2 Krawler. The Krawler is a tad narrower and a little taller. Plan is to use them for trailing/mild crawling and the Boggers for...bogging :)

65a919f334965a6af76d8f2b74d85471.jpg

Nice looking combo, wheels are very deep. Didn’t notice until I was mounting them that they are 6 lug :(

6afc37bab5cb2d7150599e02ac6850de.jpg

I’ll post some pics of them on the rig once iCloud decides it’s done stealing my photos from my phone and transferring to my iPad.

I am totally on the fence with the body situation. I think I am going to try to talk my daughter into letting me mount the Ford/truggy cage on this chassis. I really really want to put the JP1 on my Enduro. And I think it will be cool to have a Deadbolt on this thing for crawling and a Ford truggy for mudding. It’s just logical lol. Then the Enduro can get more OD, it’s super heavy down low, the light body would compliment that.

I like the look with the BFG Krawlers. They look great with them wheels!

The 1.9 BFG Krawlers have been on my want list for awhile now. I really need to pick a set of them up. They are good looking tires!

I must have missed the color change to red. I'll have to go back and see when I missed it!

Crawler on krawlers :)

dbfd2c3bca684dce013b7379c071bd26.jpg

It’s a rainbow.... dang I never know what color the deadbolt is going to be next. Looks good In red though. I do like the original body on this truck. Might paint mine this weekend... you have have me inspired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I look at this skull I think I need to paint a gold tooth or maybe a grill...

Back