• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Phildirt’s Axial SCX10ii Deadbolt

The color is Rustoleum Neon Green over automotive primer. Spent a lot of time on prep so should hold up fairly well. The cage is also sanded/primed and sprayed Aluminum Metallic.

The kid wanted a less depressing color so this is what she got. May add some pearl ghost flames, can’t decide but this needs to cure for a while anyways.

Thinking about lowering this thing a bit. For those that have done it what shocks did you use? I have the rear body posts bottomed out and the fronts set just high enough to make the body level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fiddled around and was able to get the body a bit lower, the grill is now touching the front bumper. For the rear I had to recess the area around the corners of the fuel cell because they were keeping it from fully seating on the posts, gained about 1/4”. Doesn’t look too hack, it’s flat black so hardly noticeable. Will slap up some pics tomorrow. Still debating paint, kiddo wants pink flames, I think not since I wheel this thing solo sometimes lol.

Rock racer Endurobolt

Or is it a Deadwalker

Anyways...added some colors and numbers. We will see how long it looks like this haha

c21eca5fa0237a85598e1dd2d94d7dcc.jpg

I noticed whilst working on the body that the panhard link is hitting the axle truss at full compression. Not sure if because of the bracket location on the Axial frame or if all of the Enduro Sendero/TrailWalkers do that, never noticed when these axles were on the other truck. Going to dig through the parts bin and see if I have a link that I can bend and still have the same overall length.

Hi my name is Phildirt. I have a painting problem. I can’t stop painting things.

That last version was too happy for me.

I call this Incredible Hulk meets Road Hauk. Or Welderup. They did a big rig themed like this.

Anyways- lot of layering here involving neon green, forest green, neon yellow, brown, black, and orange. All Createx transparents except the base coat.

0ec5b7eb7f28bfad6e5ba9f81fcd969a.jpg

Really digging the wheels. Thought about painting the coilover springs but I think it needs a touch of not green so they stay. Also thought about going black with the cage again but the silver sets it off/makes it not look too dirty/weathered/cliche I think.

4a307ba89a5e524e3df4ee1fde2056e6.jpg

Every time I post paint job pictures on here I think 'man the pics don't do it justice' but that really applies to this latest round. It looks off the chain in person. I know that's not a super skillful/technique/a ton of taping and blending candy colors paint job but it pops, almost 3d looking.

I don't care what anyone says, that old standard DeadBolt body is a great lookin' shape - and provides a really nice canvas for goin' nuts with a paint scheme!

(and leavin' the cage in silver and the springs in yellow sets it off just right...)

Did this “fastback cage mod” I’ve seen in this forum. Man oh man does it make getting to the rear body clips easier. Ran out of silver paint so it’s black again, I did quite a bit of filler/smoothing to make it look right.

aedb55a6408895775cc802f870bfcf45.jpg

Looks pretty cool, long and low. Would love to slide the body to the rear a few mms but not worth the hassle. The vanquish links kicked the rear out quite a bit.

5631be51feaddb2521ea1226bd06084f.jpg

Glamorous 3/4 shot.

Might wheel it this weekend, has been about 2 weeks. Junior has been too busy to play tiny trucks.

133e05a7be8983f2830b0095fae25079.jpg

New issue: body is hitting the battery after I lowered it. So going to look at modifying the tray height tonight.

Alright. In for a pound...

Scale Life Noob inspired me. Pen spring mod...shocks are at about 70mm with plenty of travel in both directions, I don’t see them bottoming out. Had to put a washer on the panhard mount to clear the truss but that’s it. Trimmed the body, added sliders. Tell me this before/after isn’t crazy- which one looks more capable?

b3283f77958af087d2d00c1c8152d17f.jpg

Back