• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Phildirt’s Axial SCX10ii Deadbolt

Last edited:
Made it out to the rocks this weekend. This is in Woodbine Georgia. Didn’t bring the Enduro, it is resting and about to go through a few changes. Starting to like this rig a little. Gotta trim a little more fender. The new bumper makes it rub in a turn and don’t want to add anymore preload to the front.

I’ve decided the first 2 mods to this heap will be front axles and shocks. I know I should get Traxxas shocks but for some reason I keep going back to the desert lizard internal spring units, just so clean looking.

051-C9-D20-E799-4-C43-ADFE-D8-DA11-AF86-EA.jpg

Deadbolt got a little love this morning. Cleaned her up from the last run finally. Swapped the Element bumper, good fit, like it better than the big winch bumper. Painted the diff covers black, still can’t figure out why Axial decided they need to be red, and not even a cool shade of red. Painted the hood, rockers, and “fender flare” area flat black. Painted the interior flat black. Did that on the old OG10 and it helps it to not look like a toy with the seatbelt stickers and other crap. I am calling this look “Deadbolt factory plus”

6-A526807-993-B-46-F8-B78-B-7-A42-EFEAA07-C.jpg

Random updates. Black and OD theme, like a Humvee that has been smoking crack. Now sporting Element Enduro axles. They fit this truck well/look very utilitarian with the square-ish diffs. Gained behind axle steering and universal axles as well. Can’t wait to run it this weekend, most likely through some mud :lmao:

39-C1-CC25-DE05-44-EC-AD78-C9012-F63-B753.jpg

Man, the body looks great all dulled out and faded!"thumbsup"

The Enduro axles look they will work out better on this rig with the big mud tires. And I do like the BTA steering!

Good looking project. I personally love the lights on the top. Like you I hated the stock remote that theses trucks come with. My honcho had one and before long it took a dump and I swapped it with a tactic 300 I had lying around, much better. Despite the scx10.3 being out and showing off there's still plenty of love for the 2.

Mid week tinkering, pouring rain again...

Swapped the 4.7s back on to this rig, ditched the hex spacers, put Enduro springs on the 10ii shock bodies, they are much softer than the OG 10 springs. Flexes pretty good and this should solve the rubbing issues.

acc928b98b3bb0bf25938508f1aabd28.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pulled the hex spacers off both rigs. Tired of fussing with crap instead of just wheeling. I like “stance” but reliability is cool too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back