• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Nor-Cal Comp #1 @ THE BEAN Sun. Oct. 5th

thanks had a great time thanks to all who put it on.
when and were will pics and results be posted?

mike

thanks had a great time thanks to all who put it on.
when and were will pics and results be posted?

mike

Sam has the score sheets and I am sure he will get the results up as soon as he can. He is usually pretty busy so be a little patient. Anyone who took pics is welcome to post them here. I am sure Sam will get his up sometime soon as well.

Thanks for driving out to the coast Mike and nice to meet ya.

Was loads of fun! Im glad I could make it. Was nice to see so many crawlers! a big thanks to every one who put it on. I had allot of fun, even tho I dident finish one course:shock: But still fun for a first comp. Thanks again, and hope to see you all soon again!"thumbsup"

Today was a great day, the sun shined, the waves crashed, courses were completed. Can't wait till the next one. I thought I was a redneck before, man it's burnt.

I'd also like to say. Thanks to everyone who came out & packed out their trash. Using the land irresponsibly with remove all the access we have.

If anyone has a spot that we may be able to hold a comp please let us know. The access we have is becoming more and more limited. We need more locations. Look for spots with comp worthy lines, parking and facilities. Post some pics and we'll check it out.

Thanks again, to everyone helped out.

I'd also like to know what people thought of the courses and the event as a whole.

the sun shined, thought I was a redneck before, man it's burnt.

x2 :-(

The access we have is becoming more and more limited. Using the land irresponsibly with remove all the access we have.

people need to pay more attention. i see trash left at EVERY event i go to. from 3 people to 30 we need to clean up after eachother, not just ourselves

I'd also like to know what people thought of the courses and the event as a whole.

some people "pointed out" and some finished with negative points. i bet most were in between. in my opinion, the courses were PERFECT"thumbsup" some a-hole even brought a friggin kick A$$ bridge :ror:

It was another awesome day at the Bean! Sorry to everyone for the horrible weather!:ror:

Good to see everyone again as well as the new faces and thanks for joining us. I hope that those new to the competition environment didn't get too frustrated and had a good time. Some of the lines were a bit brutal but every one of them was completed and I think a good time was had by all. Those who struggled a bit, don't fret, we have 6 more events to go in this series. Make the necessary changes, take the extra time to practice and pay attention to the lines that are run by the more experienced drivers. There is alot of good info here on RCC as well. If you have setup questions don't hesitate to ask them at the events.;-)

As said in posts prior, thanks for policing the area for trash. Can't wait to see everyone at the next event!!

Ok boys here are the scores. While I am processing wedding photos, I started plugging in numbers. I will go back and verify tallies later, but this is the preliminary finish for everyone. Please check to make sure your scores seem correct for what you drove. There was also one random score for a Daniel B which had 25 points. There were no other points though for this person so I am not sure who it was.

For tie breakers, per USRCCA rules, we use the points from the last course. If the last course is tied, we then move to the second to last and so on until the tie is broken. We had 4 sets of people with ties this weekend, so this explains how it was sorted out.

Two guys shined like a mutha F'n star this weekend. Dean and Daniel both smashed the courses with a finish of -1. Daniel was working the courses early in the day and laid down a perfect run on Course #1 with a -7. He then took a 0 on course #3 which seemed to be the nail in the coffin. However, Dean took on the first 2 courses and stumbled a bit on both courses. He took the first entry gate out on course #1. He then pilfered an easy gate dropping into #2. Then it was AWN!! He squeeked through gate #3 on course 2 which only a couple other people made (including Daniel). He then snagged the bonus line to gain some points back. The real clutch play came on course #3 when he not only ran it perfect, but he also walked the bonus line like it was a basic gate. This netted him back some lost points and a 1st place finish.

Other notes:
Daniel had best score (-7) on course #1
Maro69Camaro had best score (4) on course #2
Dean had best score (-15) on course #3

Sorry Richard, I had to give you the PINK highlight for coming with an out of spec rig. :)

Congrats guys!! Great show today!! I was VERY impressed with everyone and was stoked at how fun it was out there. I truly missed crawling.

As for the trash mentioned by Dave, there was a lot of trash left behind. Not only that, but there was a huge pile of cigarette butts left behind as well. I was a bit taken back by it all. Please help at the next event by taking your trash out. I want to be able to run the Bean again without hassle. So please, like Dave said, take not only your crap, but anything else you find. If the place looks like we weren't even there, then the cops/rangers can't complain about destruction. Thanks for your help on this guys.

Thanks again Dave (Course #1), Erik & Dean (Course #2), and Lance & Dan (Course #3) for scoring all day in the horrible Bean Hollow weather. You guys did great today keeping things going. We not only finished early enough to go out crawling, but we had a nice fat hour+ lunch just hanging out. Nice.

I will have pics up on Nor-Cal once I finish processing them (after the wedding photos of course).

-Sam

Attachments

• Event1scores.jpg
    Event1scores.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Thanks for the score talliing Sam. I did find a slight typo. On course 2, I hit 3 gates but made the bonusline, with 1 more reverse than progress points gave me a total of 21. Putting me in a tie for 12th. Not knowing the times I'll leave it up to the score sheets. Thanks in advance for posting pics.

Last edited:
:)...I had some much fun that I made it through the bonus gate on course #2 and broke an axle :-( and had 20 sec. left to complete the course...and never got to run course #1...but thanks to a fellow driver who had a axle case and well spent $15 and a blitz pit job replacing the axle...I got to complete course #1...Had a great time and good looking crowd that showed up to support the event...special thanks for the guys that ran the comp...it was nice meeting new people...can't wait for the next comp..."thumbsup"

Thanks for the score talliing Sam. I did find a slight typo. On course 2, I hit 3 gates but made the bonusline, with 1 more reverse than progress points gave me a total of 21. Putting me in a tie for 12th. Not knowing the times I'll leave it up to the score sheets. Thanks in advance for posting pics.

Fixed it. The bonus was marked, but scratched out and tallied that way. So it was just a counting glitch I presume.

-Sam

Congrats Dean!! Nice to see the nor-cal vets doing well, and my young grasshopper Cody (maro) did really well too "thumbsup"

wow that was the first time i have ever been to the bean in my life. what a blast. it was nice to see some faces from last year. thanks to everyone who help out. course 2 made my day and no way did i think that was going to stay as the low point. but 4th place for my first time there, im so happy. SAM thanks for getting the scores up so fast and it was nice to finaly meet you. as always i seen alot of great driving out there good job guys and i cant wait for the next one."thumbsup"

Congrats Dean!! Nice to see the nor-cal vets doing well, and my young grasshopper Cody (maro) did really well too "thumbsup"
i think im learning from one of the best and thanks you have helped me out so much in about that last 6 months in my driving and thinking start. grasshopper is growing up so fast.:lol:

i think im learning from one of the best and thanks you have helped me out so much in about that last 6 months in my driving and thinking start. grasshopper is growing up so fast.:lol:

Just passing down everything I have learned from Dean and Sam. Next I can show you all the tricks badger taught me :ror:

Like to thank everone that put this on. and also all the judges that help out.Nice driving to Daniel and to Dean for a frist place finish.

just want to give a THANKS to the crew of Nor-Cal that was at the bean yesterday.. ThankYou for the patience and understanding of my vision issues. I had a fun time and learned some new things... THANKYOU !!!!

Another big THANKS to Cody, Jason, Harry and Tony, who had my back all day yesterday..To the 'CVRC' members that were also there to represent... THANKS !!!!

looking forward to the next one.............

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

Thanks everyone for a great time at the Bean yesterday It was cool to judge a NorCal comp for the first time and it seemed like it helped my mind-set for the comp. Cool trail ride afterwards with our scalers for a total of 9 hours on the beach (my neck is so burnt).

I'm lookin forward to the next one.

HOLY CRAP! I didn't come in last! :shock: What a surprise! For my first comp I didn't do half bad! Any ways, thanks again every one!"thumbsup"

Back