• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New VP Tires, Geolandar X-AT 1.9" & X-MT 2.2"

HumboldtEF

Tiny truck hoarder
Lifetime Gold Baby!
Vanquish just teased 2 new tires on their livestream, they are up on their site now in the tire section (its not in new releases yet). They're all Yokohama Geolandar tires, the X-AT the X-MT

zOrj68R.jpg

X-MT is a 2.2 and 5.1" tall x 1.75" Brandon had designed these to go on the H10
jsJVtsf.jpg

X-AT is a 1.9" and 4.5" tall x 1.4"
qOQAj8g.jpg

Its awesome to see a 4.5" tall option! Brandon mentioned this was to fill a size gap between 4.25" and 4.75" which is what I've always believed. Hopefully other manufactures follow suit.

With all the split and siped lugs These look like they'd be super easy to cut lugs on if you wanted to go more aggressive.

I'm always happy to see excellently detailed all terrain tires. I see a lot more offroad trucks on A/Ts than M/Ts.

The new tires are fugly! I can see the X-MT performing, but Proline MT Baja Pro X and the JConcepts Tusk are so much better looking to me.

The Geolander X-AT is less ugly, but it's more of an A/T tire that wouldn't work well here.

The Geolander M/T is a better looking tire though. I still prefer the Falken Wildpeak M/T or even the VXT2 tread pattern more than these.

The x-mt just looks like a remake of the Nitto mud grappler, which was a terrible tire. You could hear them coming down the road a mile away.

Coincidently, 5.1" is exactly how tall my vxt2s were when new. 😆

The AT looks good from a scale perspective but its not something I'm interested in.

The X-MT is an ugly tire that does look like a knock off Nitto Mud Grappler. Dont really see a whole lot of them in the 1:1 world. I wonder how those will perform.

The AT looks good from a scale perspective but its not something I'm interested in.

The X-MT is an ugly tire that does look like a knock off Nitto Mud Grappler. Dont really see a whole lot of them in the 1:1 world. I wonder how those will perform.
Bar treads tend to out-perform other styles in RC crawling from my experience - but yeah, the scale factor is questionable.

I find this simple site for converting metric to imperial super handy, it does fractions and decimals. I use it all the time: Convert MM, CM to Fractions of Inches
FYI web search sites like Google and Bing do that as well. Just type something like convert "2mm to inches".

I have been using this free Convert app since college. I install it on every personal and work machine.

As always, I’m glad to see new tire releases, and particularly licensed tires.

While I agree the MT’s are kind of ugly, they are at least scale and licensed. I just saw a set of these in real life (40x13.50r20) and they are just as unappealing haha

The proportion of the at’s on the 1.9” seem like they are bigger than 4.5” imo. If their other tires are any indication they are probably 4.75”+

As always, I’m glad to see new tire releases, and particularly licensed tires.

While I agree the MT’s are kind of ugly, they are at least scale and licensed. I just saw a set of these in real life (40x13.50r20) and they are just as unappealing haha

The proportion of the at’s on the 1.9” seem like they are bigger than 4.5” imo. If their other tires are any indication they are probably 4.75”+
Without foams, the VXT2s I have are very similar in height to my other 4.75s. When you stuff the Vanquish 4.75" dual stage foams in, thats when they really get huge.

Or you can just do basic math. 1" = 2.54cm = 25.4mm.

I'm used to those conversions. I'm a machinist. But it would be easier to just see the dimensions clearly without doing math or using a converter
I'm not lazy and I don't want to start a metric/imperial war here on RCC

It is not hard for VP to do that. I assume they send the 3D models to Taiwan to manufacture the tires and they use metric there

Without foams, the VXT2s I have are very similar in height to my other 4.75s. When you stuff the Vanquish 4.75" dual stage foams in, thats when they really get hughuge
I got similar results with both vp, and ci foams. Once they broke in a bit they are back to 5". Brand new they were almost exactly the same height as my hyrax lp (5.25") tires.

I have the 4.5 Geolandars on the way. They'll be going on the Marksman Tundra with a new set of wheels.

Back