• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New RGT Adventurer with front mounted motor!

spoo76

I wanna be Dave
I've been wondering when someone would offer a RTR front mounted motor.
This should give lots of room for an interior, as well as more weight up front.
Hopefully they will be available before Christmas.
The micro scene is definitely exploding with possibilities right now, and from the rumors I've heard there's more on the way from other companies.
RGT-Racing - ADUENTURER
93a1fd32adca51f1b6858cb579de5095.jpg
33d9ca438be658c1308408aa6d75da9b.jpg
a4df95165917c8daad5efa260cbbee9c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

When does it come out I went to their site and couldn't find it

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk
No release date mentioned, that's why I said hopefully before Christmas. I'd be willing to bet a month or two.
The link I posted brings you directly to the truck.

Forward mount motor should make room for some different motor combos atleast!

Interesting seeing the servo mounted vertical. I guess it was done to make
room for the forward mount motor.

Looks like the same 2in1 receiver/esc combo from the v1. Give me lipo low volt cut off please!!!!! I would be swapping to a 2S right away and jamming an alarm in there everytime is annoying.

Plenty more micros being released it looks like so probably won't hop on this.

Forward mount motor should make room for some different motor combos atleast!

Interesting seeing the servo mounted vertical. I guess it was done to make

room for the forward mount motor.

Looks like the same 2in1 receiver/esc combo from the v1. Give me lipo low volt cut off please!!!!! I would be swapping to a 2S right away and jamming an alarm in there everytime is annoying.

Plenty more micros being released it looks like so probably won't hop on this.
It definitely looks like the same electronics with the 1s lipo and 5 wire servo, disappointing, but not surprising. Though the 1s lipo makes me question the gearing, hopefully it uses a standard pinion and spur so it can be geared down more.
Different motor combos remain to be seen, it was already easy to swap a big block on the V1/Barrage style transmission, but the gearing still wasn't ideal. This set-up looks like it may have the motor right up against the servo. I'll be tearing mine apart when it's available to inspect and take pictures for sure.

Lots to like here. Will be easier to find bodies for than the SCX24 due to the shorter wheelbase. Axles look huge and the electronics need help. If it sells at the price the current model is going for it will be tempting. Not sure it can match SCX24 performance but for scale it's a winner.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The axle pumpkins are huge, but they are the same we've had. As far as body options for the SCX24 the 1/18 mini Gelande bodies fit great since the SCX is only 3mm longer and the 1/20 Lindberg model bodies, some now sold as AMT work pretty well and are only 1 or 2mm longer than the SCX.

This is nice. I wonder what the price point would be.
I would expect it to stay in line with what they have been. They usually start above $80 and less than $99 and eventually the price falls to about $80 or less. I'd say between $85-95 to start.

I hope parts will be available at the same time as rig release.I definitely want that motor trans setup.

I hope parts will be available at the same time as rig release.I definitely want that motor trans setup.
Tough to say for sure but usually the China rigs on AsiaTees get a few parts after the first week or two and the rest a month or so. And it always seems to be not enough parts to build a whole assembly lol

And it always seems to be not enough parts to build a whole assembly lol

Damn you China!!!!I have rc4wd I-gen trans with servo motor for next build because I don't want to cut interior but that new rgt setup looks super promising.I hope it will be worth to wait.
Ty spoo76 awesome find.

Last edited:
That looks cool! Looks like it has plenty of motor room for a 130 motor.
Width wise maybe, but there's already problems with the "endbell" sitting past where a grill would be on most of the bodies commonly used

Edit, just sat and looked at mine and remembered it's a 050 motor not a 030. A 130 motor is definitely doable.

Last edited:
Back