• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New idea thread?

Something for the scaler guys who run servo winches...

A metal spool with splines to fit servos!!! Something that replaces the plastic round servo horn and bobbin.

Put me down for 2! "thumbsup"

That is an excellent idea indeed.
Tom. Us scaler guys are often using servo's instead of winch's
The problem is we use the flat round plastic piece and attach a sewing bobbin to that in order yo use as a winch.

But still the issue is that the bobbin is so small round that it takes away from spooling., plus the larger the spool.

If you made a spool that was attach and your done as a one piece part. Made the spool a little larger than a bobbin. We would not only be greatfull, but these would sell. Well.

Broken drive/half shafts are getting to be par for the course on E-Revo's running 6S.

It's a popular truck so if you made some quality and strong driveshafts i honestly think they'd be a big seller.

If they do go well then the next weak part are the E-Revo bulkheads, again i honestly believe these would sell as well.

"thumbsup"

I agree with the servo winch spool. I was about to go searching for a vendor to do so. Hell, if you made a superwinch case that fit HS645mg internals, that would sell like crazy. We could use the no-drift winch controller from losikid to complete the package. I'd buy one.

The problem is we use the flat round plastic piece and attach a sewing bobbin to that in order yo use as a winch.

But still the issue is that the bobbin is so small round that it takes away from spooling., plus the larger the spool.

If you made a spool that was attach and your done as a one piece part. Made the spool a little larger than a bobbin. We would not only be greatfull, but these would sell. Well.

Yeah you'd want a spool that is longer...not larger in diameter...this would make it easier to mount on a flat surface and also keep the torque numbers up. The further the winch line gets from the spool center line the less torque the servo will have...this would only be a problem on short pulls though.

Yep..Id like to see that....

Ill bring my servo winch into the shop..Ya guys can check it out.

I have a strong winch idea brewing, but it pivots on another big project which is in process and decides the outcome of the winch idea. so in other words we are on it.

Damper wheels to prevent shock to the drivetrain in competitive crawling. By damper, think crankshaft damper.

Damper wheels to prevent shock to the drivetrain in competitive crawling. By damper, think crankshaft damper.

Something similar to a crank damper won't work, the forces are too high in the drivetrain. If you started going down this path you'd end up with what was essentially a slipper I suspect.

How about some disc brake rotor style hex adapters? I have an old set of the HR ones, but no one ever seems to carry them anymore and now they are worth scale points at a scale comp.

How about some disc brake rotor style hex adapters? I have an old set of the HR ones, but no one ever seems to carry them anymore and now they are worth scale points at a scale comp.

already designed, waiting for mill time now..

Back