• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New Guy With Build Issues - Top Shaft/Spur

saddlesore

Quarry Creeper
Hi Guys - Well I got my kit delivered from Amain Hobbies yesterday. I started working on it last night and got as far as building the transmission and I have some issues.

The top shaft/spur gear has a ton of play. It moves forward and back about 5mm. I read the instructions and rebuilt it twice with the same result. I'm 100% certain i followed the instructions to the T and used the right tube spacer.

Is this normal or a defect? If the latter is true does anyone have a DIY fix to it?

Are there other issues i should be aware of while building? I'll post pics when im done.

Thanks in advance!

On my kit, I substituted a longer spacer for the one the instructions say to use. I noticed that the bearing opposite the spur gear on the top shaft wouldn't stay seated when I used the spacer the instructions showed. I don't plan to use the 2 speed, so it's a non issue for me to use the longer sleeve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ok...so according to bilinvics the play is normal?
If it is just a small amount of in and out play, so long as good spur to pinion contact is maintained, it is harmless. But if the spur has movement in any other direction, like I had when the bearing would not stay seated, it will cause a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back