• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New FMS 1/24 power wagon

Thank you, durok! When I copy/ pasted "fms fxc24 butcher" nothing came up... well, nothing related to rc anyway yikes... lot's of other disturbing things did but not the power wagon lol. But yep... that amazon link you provided took me right to it. Now... let's see what the boss has to say. Hope she has a good day at work today/ fingers crossed!

The video links that I was referring to were the ones posted by Oscillat0r. I'm pretty sure that it's something with my computer or security protection that I've been having issues with lately. But ...ugh I really want to see one of these in action. I may try searching later to see what videos my PC will allow me to see lol.

Video links seem to be working but I made them public so you can search for fms “butcher” on YouTube and they should show up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Video links seem to be working but I made them public so you can search for fms “butcher” on YouTube and they should show up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for the video clips, i wanted to see it in action before i bought one, one is on the way!

FYI - here’s a compare to some other power wagons…Panda k1 (1/18th), FMS Atlas 6x6 (1/18th), FMS FCX24 (1/24th)

regKPRQl.jpg

HcTSV6dl.jpg

yk2Yuyql.jpg

WenrTLyl.jpg

(…this thing would make an awesome 6x6)

Well, heck - I'm confused by the Atlas being supposedly 1/18th and the FCX24 being as big as it is...

I'm going over to my crawlin' buds house on Saturday and he has 1 (or two?) Axial SCX24s, wondering how it will compare.

I had never planned on buying anything smaller than 1/10th because I just wasn't impressed by their detail level before...

(and I have WAY too many 1/10th trucks in various stages of completion)

Well, heck - I'm confused by the Atlas being supposedly 1/18th and the FCX24 being as big as it is...

I'm going over to my crawlin' buds house on Saturday and he has 1 (or two?) Axial SCX24s, wondering how it will compare.

lol. well I haven't had time to compare them running side by side (because i spend too much time yappin') but the FMS runs better and smoother than the 1st gen Axial or the CR-24...much better slow control in low gear than either and torque on par with the Axial. The fms feels much heavier as well (good thing imo)

Here are a couple of other 1/24 scale trucks for comparison (where did these all come from?!)

1uqL6R5l.jpg

OcR83bnl.jpg

cvb5QRyl.jpg

oD0vgaFl.jpg

vs Axial SCX24
fgsoi0Gl.jpg

Ijn00NVl.jpg

vs Hobby Plus CR-24
OlJ5P5Jl.jpg

D9KeJXSl.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks for all the pics!

Doesn't look too bad next to the Axial, I think my pal has a Gladiator at least, and maybe a New Bronco... or at least he wants the Bronco as well.

My computer finally allowed me to view the videos. A little weight and smoother throttle response and it looks like it would be a formidable little rock rig. It's much wider than I thought it was.

My computer finally allowed me to view the videos. A little weight and smoother throttle response and it looks like it would be a formidable little rock rig. It's much wider than I thought it was.

It definitely is wider compated with the other stock rigs - unlike my 1/10 I’ve no spacers or axle extensions on any of them.

I’ve noticed other review videos popping up, presumably they will be done a bit more carefully than mine ;)

The axle width combined with the portals should make it very capable out on the rocks, for a 1/24 scaler...

I'll be keeping an eye out for the upcoming FMS upgrades, for sure!

Last edited:
2FM RC already changed the wheels to 1”, widened it, lengthened it, used some high clearance links in the back and broke the portals… but it was running real good before that! Go check his video on youtube.

I’m digging this rig after a few mods it’s a solid performer!
Stretched the front 6mm and 8mm in the rear.
970a923cd052defebc38a55922d270a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good! i've got new beadlocks showing up today so we'll see how mounting those mud slingers go

I won a $30 off coupon via a FB "Guess the price" promotional for this crawler so I guess I will add one to my collection.
It always helps to lurk certain forums or hobby channels. I entered on the last hour of the contest.

As others have said this Power Wagon is actually 1/18 scale so for me that is a welcome surprise.

Love the lowered and lengthened look, chevy55.

.....Only thing left is to figure out a better way to attach the little faux fuel tank in the back, and maybe some decals to personalize it.

(oh, yeah - and to fab up an exhaust)

You could always order the exhaust stacks from the Atlas 6x6 if you liked
that look... A little surgery on those pipes would yield a decent look I think.

https://www.fairrc.com/products/1-18-exzhaust-pipe-set

Hi,
there is already a small promotion code for preordering the FMS FCX24 on BG:

BGFXC24 - 11 bucks off.

Looking enviously to you US guys, who can buy it with Prime and 1-day delivery for a top price.
Here in EU we are still waiting, ordering from US is super expensive (also Amazon.com, shipping, VAT/customs).
Announced in EU shops for August.
Hope I will get mine from BG earlier...
Aliexpress does also have it ...

Hi, what parts did you use stretching it? And how did you attach the back shocks on the upper end? I’m gonna order one too, so gonna order everything for this and my scx24 at the same time"thumbsup":mrgreen:

Back