• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New blue castle crawler motors

A 17.5 is 2600kv so why not shoot out with the new 2850 ?
I'm running the 17.5(non rpm) in my wraith, doesn't seem to have lots of torque, although it pulls well.
Would I see any real difference other than can color ?

Hang up and Drive

Every brand 17.5 is slightly different so it's hard to know what the kv is. A quick google shows 17.5 can be between 1900kv and 2600kv.
Turn to Kv conversion 540 2 pole motors / several brands - R/C Tech Forums
This is a good example of why we rate our motors by KV rather than turn count. Turn count can be a very arbitrarily thing that doesn't fully determine how fast a motor spins.

On our motors KV doesn't affect minimum RPM very much. Magnet and stator design do. All of the new motors should spin much slower at startup than any 2 pole motor will.

I wonder what could be in this box:twisted:
20170427_164820_zpsk7meoimu.jpg

100,000rpm, challenge accepted. :flipoff:
20170427_164805_zps6uxrx05a.jpg

1st up: They are blue; and they are grey.:roll: They look grey from ~5ft away and metallic blue from less.
20170427_163533_zpsauulkwsk.jpg

Time for the nudes
20170427_164452_zpsdayq8ive.jpg

20170427_164509_zpsc5c9yudq.jpg

20170427_164538_zpsmhzdblbe.jpg

Length comparison vs pro4
20170427_164855_zps9mf1rktw.jpg

I won't have any significant time to do testing until the weekend.

I wonder what could be in this box:twisted:
Jackal! Jackal! It's a Jackal! Jackal!(Family Guy reference)
100,000rpm, challenge accepted. :flipoff:
Good luck finding an 11s car controller... Needs 44 volts to hit that RPM.
1st up: They are blue; and they are grey.:roll: They look grey from ~5ft away and metallic blue from less.
The real question is, do you like the way it looks and does it look good in your car?
I won't have any significant time to do testing until the weekend.
Looking forward to your results.

I love the color. I'll probably order one when they are available from RPP. I was hoping they would be there this week since I placed 2 orders, but maybe next week.

Jesus, could the wiring be any longer? Lol.

Im diggin the color, good choice castle.

You can unsolder the wire and make it any length you want, better that it is long and can shorten it down than short and have to buy new wire. They are 11" right now.

I don't know why more of our marketing about the motors doesn't mention the solder tabs. Engineering was quite proud of them after examining other brand motors that used PCB's or thin tin plated tabs. We made our tabs gold plated copper that has a larger cross sectional area than the wires that solder to them.

Jesus, could the wiring be any longer? Lol.

Im diggin the color, good choice castle.
Longer is much better than too short! Wires can always be cut. I'm glad Castle did this instead of cutting costs here and making the wires 3" long.

The color is nice - much, much better than the typical Castle green. I am not a fan of green.

Longer is much better than too short! Wires can always be cut. I'm glad Castle did this instead of cutting costs here and making the wires 3" long.

The color is nice - much, much better than the typical Castle green. I am not a fan of green.

*marks date on calendar: Jato said something positive about a Castle Creations product today:flipoff:

He has bragged about the AUX wire and the new rock racer mode...

He was the first person to contact me with that idea, but he is also the only person I told on R/C tech that I worked for castle. On my personal account I kept it on the DL, but I contacted him to run some beta software when he was having issues with a firmware version of the Monster X.

So in reality, you could say that it is his fault that I am on here.

Back