• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need help with my hitec 645mg servo!!

SCALER14

Quarry Creeper
I was just running my hitec645mg servo with my wraith out on the street and all of a sudden no steering left or right! I was wondering if there is just a trick to get it working again because I'm 14 and don't have much money to get a new one but if there is no trick I will have to wait on Christmas I guess:(

Any more info? Did the throttle still work when the steering cut out? Was the servo hot? Fresh batteries in your transmitter and fully charged pack on your truck? Are you running an external BEC on the truck? Did this happen when on flat ground or was the steering bound up?

The throttle still worked, I had fresh batteries in truck and transmitter , but I guess I will get a wish list for my scx10 and wraith for Christmas, thanks for your suggestions and I will get more gears for the servo that I ask for!!

the 645 will work in your SCX but wont last very long due to lack of torque. check out "servo city" Hitech has some new servos out with decent prices and good torque. I just got one with 300+oz of torque for about 50 bucks on sale. as for the wraith you need something with atleast 300+oz,

So should I use a hitec 645mg servo in my scx10? What servo should I use with my wraith?

Pick up a couple of cs 170 from hobbico. They are the same as the 5955 hitec. Is gonna be cheaper in price. Use these for your steering and set up bec @ 6 volts. The 645 not only is analog but even tho is metal gear they do still have one plastic gear inside making them on the weak side. The cs170 will have about twice the tq.

Back