• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo Shopping.

I'd definitely give them a shot for that price. Seems like a great deal. If only it was black and orange I could have saved $70! :lmao:

:lmao: yeah ... that would be great ... a little bit of paint could give it a make over... Jk ... i know the savings for them is in the nice case ... believe me I have a few of the nicer units from NSDRC and they are nice but I can't have 120+$ on all the rigs ... :shock: ... Not until you gone down the rabit hole that you start to notice where is the real cost of building this things goes.

:lmao: yeah ... that would be great ... a little bit of paint could give it a make over... Jk ... i know the savings for them is in the nice case ... believe me I have a few of the nicer units from NSDRC and they are nice but I can't have 120+$ on all the rigs ... :shock: ... Not until you gone down the rabit hole that you start to notice where is the real cost of building this things goes.

Agreed, but once you experience the power and speed of an expensive servo, it is hard to give it up.

Nice servo for the price. I just recently bought 2 of them and tried my first one out this past weekend. It is a great budget servo with plenty of power and speed for my VFD Carbon.

That servo was in my cart at AMain until I saw the preorder for a black and orange NSDRC RS700 V2 as seen below. Seems like a lot more servo than the Shifts RC for the money.

https://nsdrcscaleparts.com/collect...ts/rs700-v2-special-edition-orange-servo-horn

Just got a shipment notice on mine. Looks like our orange SE's may be arriving this week.:)

for the money you wont be disappointed with the RS500B ... I got a couple of them and very happy with the power and the fact that they are DP

Agree!"thumbsup"

Same here. I’m wondering if the massive flooding out there has them on pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m assuming NSDRC printed the labels, but maybe hasn’t actually received, packaged and/or dropped the servos off at the post office.

I’m assuming NSDRC printed the labels, but maybe hasn’t actually received, packaged and/or dropped the servos off at the post office.

Could be. I was surprised to see a tracking number so soon since these were preorder.

Could be. I was surprised to see a tracking number so soon since these were preorder.

I will say the Lancaster, PA depot held my shipments from early January for weeks. So the USPS is screwy as well.

Reef's servos have been around for a few years. I was really apprehensive about them for a while but finally caved and bought one of their internal spool comp spec winches last year and it has been outstanding. They're pretty popular and a lot of really good drivers in the comp world seem to run them. I'm not running their steering servos just because I like direct power. Shift has a good reputation. I know several guys who swear by them but I have not owned any.

NSDRC has a bit of a reputation for overrating their servos. Still powerful, fast, and efficient, but the rated specs dont always match up with the folks checking them on fixtures on YouTube FWIW. I have friends that have had good luck with their servos, but I got a dud. Lasted me ~15-20 minutes at most before locking up. He shipped me a replacement quickly and hopefully I'll be giving it a real run this weekend. On the bench it definitely feels fast and very strong on 4s. I hope it does work well because y'all made my dumbass buy one of the orange versions.

Reef's servos have been around for a few years. I was really apprehensive about them for a while but finally caved and bought one of their internal spool comp spec winches last year and it has been outstanding. They're pretty popular and a lot of really good drivers in the comp world seem to run them. I'm not running their steering servos just because I like direct power. Shift has a good reputation. I know several guys who swear by them but I have not owned any.

NSDRC has a bit of a reputation for overrating their servos. Still powerful, fast, and efficient, but the rated specs dont always match up with the folks checking them on fixtures on YouTube FWIW. I have friends that have had good luck with their servos, but I got a dud. Lasted me ~15-20 minutes at most before locking up. He shipped me a replacement quickly and hopefully I'll be giving it a real run this weekend. On the bench it definitely feels fast and very strong on 4s. I hope it does work well because y'all made my dumbass buy one of the orange versions.

The Reefs dude rubs me the wrong way. Always has.

I'll give NSDRC a chance. He was quick to respond to questions on FB. Given the fact that they are all Chinese servos, customer service will be what wins me over.

I have what looks exactly like a Reefs Triple5 in my Ultra and I am less than impressed. Now looks can be deceiving, but decide for yourself...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products-vs4-10-origin/615076-jato-ultra-2.html#post5998139

Last edited:

I'll give NSDRC a chance. He was quick to respond to questions on FB. Given the fact that they are all Chinese servos, customer service will be what wins me over.

I have what looks exactly like a Reefs Triple5 in my Ultra and I am less than impressed. Now looks can be deceiving, but decide for yourself...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products-vs4-10-origin/615076-jato-ultra-2.html#post5998139

I'm with you there. That was another reason I wouldnt try his servos for a long time. Only reason I bought the winch is that it is the only low profile internal spool winch I could find but it works great.

I'm with you there. That was another reason I wouldnt try his servos for a long time. Only reason I bought the winch is that it is the only low profile internal spool winch I could find but it works great.

So for a change it's not just me! :lmao:

Reefs has been around for a while though so I guess they can't be too terrible, right?

I will say the Lancaster, PA depot held my shipments from early January for weeks. So the USPS is screwy as well.

I know all too well how the USPS works!:roll:

I hope it does work well because y'all made my dumbass buy one of the orange versions.

:lmao: Yep and Jato twisted my arm to buy one! Though it didn't take much twisting!:ror:

I have what looks exactly like a Reefs Triple5 in my Ultra and I am less than impressed.

I feel the same way about the dude. I met him at KNK TTC a few years back and felt that too.

I also have a Triple 5 in one of my rigs. Ok servo without any problems, but I expected to be wowed and I wasn't.

I do want to try a Reefs winch. I have heard great reviews about them. I am in need of a low profile internal, so I'll probably be getting one sooner than later.

So for a change it's not just me! :lmao:

Reefs has been around for a while though so I guess they can't be too terrible, right?

I met him at Proline by the Fire and he wasnt very friendly. Also doesnt seem very personable in the videos I've seen him in, but I havent noticed him be a flat out a-hole like some other industry people. There are a few other companies on my do not buy list for sure.

I do want to try a Reefs winch. I have heard great reviews about them. I am in need of a low profile internal, so I'll probably be getting one sooner than later.

What I dont like about external spool winches is the line can get tangled or hung up under the spool and jam. At least with the Reef's internal spool, that is not a concern.

What I dont like about external spool winches is the line can get tangled or hung up under the spool and jam. At least with the Reef's internal spool, that is not a concern.

That is the main reason why I want to try an internal. I've had line come off spools too many times when the line wasn't kept tight enough. I don't use winches a lot, but when I do I don't want to have to worry about the line. Also it looks like the internals are easier to mount without having to worry about the spool hit the axle or something else and they look like they can be mounted in tighter places.

I know all too well how the USPS works!:roll:

:lmao: Yep and Jato twisted my arm to buy one! Though it didn't take much twisting!:ror:

I feel the same way about the dude. I met him at KNK TTC a few years back and felt that too.

I also have a Triple 5 in one of my rigs. Ok servo without any problems, but I expected to be wowed and I wasn't.

USPS = government + union and enough said there. :lmao:

I hope your arm has recovered from that major twisting... :roll: :lmao:

I met him at Proline by the Fire and he wasnt very friendly. Also doesnt seem very personable in the videos I've seen him in, but I havent noticed him be a flat out a-hole like some other industry people. There are a few other companies on my do not buy list for sure.

Interesting how many people get the same impression of Sheref of Reefs RC...

Back