• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Metal body Toyota Hilux 1982

It's been a long time since I wrote anything. A lot of minor changes during that time.
- I threw away almost all the screws (printable resin doesn't like it) and replaced them with mini bolts and nuts.
- I ordered thousands of them in sizes 1.2mm to 2mm. Also made some experiments with threaded bolts, but finally I prefere bolts and nuts.
- I moved to a bigger and faster PLA printer, to be able to print molds for larger bodies (f.e. Axial SCX6).
- I spent a lot of time finding and experimenting for stronger resin. Now the body tube is a lot stronger, but it is still resin printed, not injection molded.
- I made some changes and improvements in design f.e. tail light assembly, bed side molds, mounting for doors, bonet, body mounting kit for AxialSCX2

Hilux bed assembled
IMG_3049s.jpg

IMG_3048s.jpg

Tail lights:
IMG_3050s.jpg

Body to frame mounts kit for Axial SCX2
IMG_3052s.jpg

IMG_3053s.jpg

IMG_3051s.jpg

Finally body mounted on a Axial SCX2
IMG_3060s.jpg

IMG_3058s.jpg

IMG_E3056s.jpg

Last edited:
nice man
how long did it take u to build the pannels
To make next copy of hilux I need 2 days of printing, 2 another days of embossing metal and assembling parts.

Whole project, not Hilux by itself, but general idea how to create models in that way, how to build internal structure, how to create molds, how to join panels with internal structure, took me 3 years.

I work on another body, and I guess it will take 4-6 months to 3d model car body, make molds, internal structure and fit everything together.

To make next copy of hilux I need 2 days of printing, 2 another days of embossing metal and assembling parts.

Whole project, not Hilux by itself, but general idea how to create models in that way, how to build internal structure, how to create molds, how to join panels with internal structure, took me 3 years.

I work on another body, and I guess it will take 4-6 months to 3d model car body, make molds, internal structure and fit everything together.
wow
amazing fab skills

still blows my mind the workmanship here (y) liked the vid too (y)

Back