• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

McTwist Pitbull Berg Build

McTwist

Rock Crawler
My Pitbull chassis showed up yesterday. Time to rebuild the Berg.

Chassis
CCC Pitbull​

Axles
V1 Berg cases
Dlux tubes
Dlux gear covers
RCBros milled gears
Axial chubs
VP Berg knuckles
Dlux knuckle weights
SDS Super 300s
Hulksta 6mm TI rear shafts
RR electronics tray
Alum. and TI hardware​
Shocks
Egressor SCX10 shock bodies
Traxxass seal kit
Jeppindoug shock cups
Losi MRC springs​
Wheels N Tires
CI 6 Bolts
VooDoos
CI foams​
Electronics
Brood 30t
Micro Sidewinders smashed
CC BEC
Hitec 7850​

Last edited:
McTwist Bulldog Berg rebuild

The chassis is top notch. Skid is milled out to be as light as possible. All cross braces, spacers and all stainless hardware is included.
u5egyrap.jpg

Last edited:
Re: McTwist Bulldog Berg rebuild

I am digging this chassis already.

Not quite sure if the 60/40 set up is going for me on this one. May look at going 50/50 seeing the chassis is so narrow. I'll set it up 60/40 and see how it goes before I switch.

I see a thin and light Delrin cab in the near future for this already. Nothing wrong the carbon cab, I just want to lay the cab in a little.

I am digging this chassis already.

Not quite sure if the 60/40 set up is going for me on this one. May look at going 50/50 seeing the chassis is so narrow. I'll set it up 60/40 and see how it goes before I switch.

I see a thin and light Delrin cab in the near future for this already. Nothing wrong the carbon cab, I just want to lay the cab in a little.

I thought about the same thin delrin cab for the exact same reason. Cut a set for me if you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: McTwist Bulldog Berg rebuild

Here is the machined skid. It is clean, tight and to the point.

Only issue at this time is running 60/40 the rod ends hit the chassis.

A little filing and I added a thin shim on the outside of the ball end and it seems to be good.

Looking good there fella...... I had the same issue with the rod ends. I just took a tiny bit of material off the Revo rod end and it moves freely. You also can put a slight bend in the front lowers to make a better angle. I wouldn't suggest a spacer though...... You want to keep the skid and side plate interlocking fully to prevent any racking of the chassis and hence causing the lowers screws to back out. Ever experienced that problem?

Looking good there fella...... I had the same issue with the rod ends. I just took a tiny bit of material off the Revo rod end and it moves freely. You also can put a slight bend in the front lowers to make a better angle. I wouldn't suggest a spacer though...... You want to keep the skid and side plate interlocking fully to prevent any racking of the chassis and hence causing the lowers screws to back out. Ever experienced that problem?
Thanks Barry. I think a bind is in order here. The shim / spacer is just a washer to give a little room but if I bend the links it won't be needed. No never had issues with skid screws backing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back