• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lighter TRX4 Defender Bodies

Harleyflyer

Does anyone know where I can get lighter TRX4 Defender bodies? I am open to the style of bodies but just looking for something lighter that fits the Defender chassis. I cannot seem to find any good pre painted bodies.

Thanks,
Keith

I know of no one selling a Lexan Defender body other than Traxxas. There are ABS hard bodies but they are heavier. You could cut the TRX4 Defender body to make it into a pickup which will reduce the weight. There are tons of posts in the TRX4 section where people have done this mod. The other route you can go is to install a Traxxas long to short wheel base kit #8058 which gives you a 12.3" WB. The 12.3" wb opens up a whole new range of nice bodies that can be fitted to the TRX4.

Just as an example here is one of my TRX4s with an Axial Jeep Cherokee body.

Attachments

• 20180821_152247.jpg
    20180821_152247.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 455
I know of no one selling a Lexan Defender body other than Traxxas. There are ABS hard bodies but they are heavier. You could cut the TRX4 Defender body to make it into a pickup which will reduce the weight. There are tons of posts in the TRX4 section where people have done this mod. The other route you can go is to install a Traxxas long to short wheel base kit #8058 which gives you a 12.3" WB. The 12.3" wb opens up a whole new range of nice bodies that can be fitted to the TRX4.

Just as an example here is one of my TRX4s with an Axial Jeep Cherokee body.

OK, thanks for the tips!

If you like the look of the Defender body (I do too) and are concerned about weight, you can take out some of the plastic inside - fenders, struts, braces - there's a lot of stuff in there. Not to mention the cage and what not on top. The weight of it can be dramatically cut down.

If you like the look of the Defender body (I do too) and are concerned about weight, you can take out some of the plastic inside - fenders, struts, braces - there's a lot of stuff in there. Not to mention the cage and what not on top. The weight of it can be dramatically cut down.

Well, that is something to consider for sure....thanks!

Back