• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

K7ZPJ's Green Rubi with Portal Axles

Did you ever get your panhard link figured out?
Yes, I did. Once I got it working, I started spending my time crawling instead of updating the thread. ;-)

The combination of switching to the Rc4wd CMS kit and connecting the top link directly to the axle fixed the problem of panhard hitting the CMS brace/servo whichreally limited the articulation. Now it has lots of flex and no bump steer.

Here some pictures of the new steering setup.

Last edited:
have you had any problem with the r1 axles staying together and what motor and esc are you runnning

have you had any problem with the r1 axles staying together and what motor and esc are you runnning

The R1 axles have about 30 hours of use on them and no problems yet. I did replace all of the stock bearings with Fast Eddy bearings and did some shimming to get rid of some of the slop in the axle. Also the upgraded chubs, knuckles and lockouts with the aluminum portal housing also helped too.

I am running a Tekin Roc412 2300 with a Castle MMP. I have been mostly running it with a 2S battery but have run it with a 3S and didn't break any parts. The spur/pinion is 56/9.

Good deal. Glad you were able to get figured out. I wasnt all that impressed with the blue monkey cms kit.

Good deal. Glad you were able to get figured out. I wasnt all that impressed with the blue monkey cms kit.
The way the panhard hits the servo and brace sure limits the articulation even with all Axial parts.

The rig did turn out nicely and has seen a lot of run time on the trails and rocks this summer. It didn't turn out to be the shelf queen I thought it might be. The next thing to tackle is relocating the battery up front.

Back